Monday 7 December 2015

117 My Monologues & Musings : "Be merciful as your Heavenly Father is merciful "( Lk 6 )


117 My Monologues & Musings : Be merciful as your Heavenly Father is.. (Lk 6)

Oh, God of Mercy and Compassion,Unfathomable is the depth of your Merciful Love for us your children!

Oh, Merciful and Loving God the Father,
It makes me  lost in wonder when I dwell on the merciful love You keep showering on me and on everyone of your children!

Why are You so merciful to me, to us?
You and I know I don't deserve it.
You and I know I don't merit it?
Then, why?

God:
“You are quite right,
You don't deserve my merciful..
For that matter, none of you merit it.
Still, I give you, i freely give you,
My merciful love, bountifully I give.
Because,
I love you with my merciful love.
And I love you unconditionally!
I love you despite your wanton and wayward ways.

  • I love you with my merciful love,
Because,
There is a microchip in you, a microchip of My Image and Likeness in you and
In every one of your fellow humans.
I know you have rebelled against me!
And you might rebel over and again.
Yet my love for you remains undiminished.

What I earnestly and eagerly wish is:
Whenever you rebel against me,
Whether deliberately or not,
May you come to your senses
Leading you to sincere repentance.
If you repent and return to me,
I will be happy.
There will be joyous celebrations in heaven.
Didn’t my Son and your Saviour Jesus say:
There will be happiness in heaven
Whenever a sinner repents?

Remember the story He told you,
The story of the Prodigal Son,
When his grieving father saw from afar his repentant prodigal son returning,
He had “compassion.”
in other words,
He had mercy, he had merciful love
For his rebelled and ran away prodigal son. .
And he ran out to meet him…
Didn't he warmly hug his prodigal son?
Did he ever blame his prodigal son?
Did he ever accuse him?
Did he ever ask for details of wanton life?
Did he ever narrate about the hurts he had?
Did he ever mention anything of the past ?
All that he thought and talked was about the rob, the ring, the sandals, the fatted calf,
the celebrations and rehabilitating of his once rebelled and repentant son!

That's the Prodigiously Loving Father
Of the Prodigal Son!

My Son Jesus told you all the story
just to illustrate the love I have for you!
I am the Prodigiously Loving Father.

That's why he exhorted you to:
“Be merciful as your Heavenly Father is. ..”

I am ever so glad:
The Present Vicar of my Son, Jesus
Has dedicated the Year 2016 as :
The Year of Mercy, The Year of Misericordia.
I liked the way he puts it:
My Misericordia, My Mercy, has a Face:
Jesus, My Son.
He is the Face of My Mercy!
He is the Incarnation of My Merciful!”
Jesus, My Son is the:
'Misercodiae Vultus'

Oh, Merciful and Loving God the Father,
Thank you for blessing me with a partial glimpse of Your Musings!
Though unworthy of it,
I consider myself blessed!

Oh, Merciful and Loving Father,
Along with David your servant,
I cry out to you:
“Have mercy on me, O God,
According to your unfailing love;
According to your great compassion
Bolt out my transgressions.”
“Be merciful to me, O God..”

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for reminding me
the Mercy and the Merciful Love
Of your Father!
Whom you gave us,
As “Our Father!”

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Looking into my life,
Innumerable are the times,
I have been showered with your Mercy
And with Merciful Love!
I know I don't deserve it!
I know I don't merit it!

The  worst part of me is :
Though I have been enjoying the
Unconditional Mercy and Love!
In my return,
I have been very Unmerciful
To my fellow humans!
I have very reluctant to show mercy!
I  have been very unwilling to forgive!
I have been like the Unmerciful Servant
In your parable..
Though he was given unconditional Mercy
and was totally forgiven,
He refused to forgive his fellow servant!
That’s many a times more of Me!
I am sorry!
Along with the Canaanite woman,
O cry out to you, Jesus, My Lord,
“Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me.”
And along with Bartimaeus,
I cry out to you, Jesus, My Lord,
“Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.”

I want to keep on recalling the innumerable
Times you have forgiven me.
I want to keep forgiving my fellow humans.
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God, 
I thank you for your:
Unsolicited gift of life for me! 
Uncountable blessings for me! 
Unlimited Patience with me! 
Untold Forgiveness for me! 
Unflinching faith in me! 
Unfailing Hope in me! 
Unconditional Love of me! 

I want to keep reminding myself of
Your words:
“Be merciful as your Heavenly Father is
merciful.”
Amen
JoAchen
Monday, 7th December, 2015
On the Eve of the Proclamation of:
The Year of Mercy.

Dear Reader, These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegetical interpretations nor are they any high theological explanations. They are a part of journaling of my struggle towards my inner healing and spiritual and personal growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father.
As keep holding you in my prayers,
I request you to include me in yours.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment