Thursday 3 December 2015

115 My Monologues & Musings : International Day of Persons with Disabilities

115 My Monologues & Musings : International Day of Persons with Disabilities

Oh, God, the Healer of Disabilities and Deformities,
To be freely frank, Lord, it is very difficult to get a satisfying answer to the perennial question:
Why are people born disabled and deformed or become so?
“Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
Like the disciples of Jesus, i along with my fellow humans have constantly been asking this question!
Well, I leave to the theological pundits to evolve a satisfying answer, if ever possible!

Oh, God, the Healer of Disabilities and Deformities,
You always came to the rescue of those of Your children who were afflicted with Disabilities and Deformities, right?
Be it the stammering disabilities of Moses or of Jeremiah,
Be it the leperous deformity of Naman,
You never condemned them in their afflictions,
You healed them, Didn't  You?

Oh, Jesus, the Healer of Disabilities and Deformities,
You did heal everyone who came to you with Disabilities and Deformities of blindness and deafness.
You did heal the mute and the lame.
You did heal the debilitating and deforming sickness like leprosy and seizures.

Oh, Jesus, the Healer of Disabilities and Deformities,
To day, as we observe the International Day of Persons with Disabilities,
We bring to you every human being who are born with Disabilities and Deformities.
We bring every who become disabled and deformed due to sickness or accident.
We bring to you every senior citizen who become disabled, debilitated,  and deformed due to their advancing age!
May they experience Solace and Healing through the medical attention and through the loving care.
May they not feel ignored or ridiculed!
May they not feel excluded or abandoned!
May they not feel marginalized or exploited!

Oh, Jesus, the Healer of Disabilities and Deformities,
In my own life, as a school boy, I have teased and ridiculed those children with disabilities and deformities!
I have called them nicknames!
As a grown up and even as priest,
though I haven't hurt them with actions,  
I have entertained myself with disrespecting and ridiculing thoughts about the disabled and the
deformed fellow humans.
I have undervalued them and avoided them!
That's at times me,Lord!
I am sorry, deeply sorry!

Oh, Jesus, the Healer of Disabilities and Deformities,
May we the fellow humans learn to respect and help those less fortunate ones!
May the awareness of the need to help them grow and increase among us!
May I learn to keep counting your blessings of health and lack of disabilities and deformities on my person life!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your:
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold = for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 3rd December, 2015
International Day of Persons with Disabilities.



















Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for your:
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings of for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 3rd December, 2015
International Day of Persons with Disabilities

























No comments:

Post a Comment