Monday 21 December 2015

123 My Monologues & Musings : Mary, the Expecting Maiden Mother on the Road to Bethlehem

123  My Monologues & Musings : Mary, the Expecting Maiden Mother on the Road to Bethlehem 

Musings of Mary: the Expecting Maiden Mother on the Road to Bethlehem.

“This is our seventh day on the road to Bethlehem to get our names registered for the Census.Yet another four more days to go. Though normally it takes only a couple days travel, we needed more days as I was into the ninth month of my pregnancy. So we decided to take much more time. We had planned out to cover the distance of about a hundred and forty kilometers in about two weeks’ time with many stop overs and brief breaks.
As i sit at the end of the seventh day my thoughts fly back to the sudden and shocking appearance of the angel.

It has been very turbulent times ever since the angel Gabriel appeared to me.Those initial days of my pregnancy and the subsequent developments had made me conclude that my wedding plans with Joseph has irredeemably been shattered.
He was fully justified in his decision to put me away and back off from the wedding as he was not responsible for my pregnancy.

Then the angel appeared again, this time, to Joseph, and tried to explain the unexplainable mystery of the miracle baby in my womb.
I could and would never fully grasp the agony which he had been through.
Yes, he had been through very agonizing emotions and antagonising thoughts within himself.
I was praying hard  to Yahweh Adonai that he pull through.
And I was sure he would.
He grew from his initial heavy hearted acceptance of his role. And he began to consider his role of the foster father as a highly privileged honour and a blessing. He has been real good care of me and do talk about the Divine Baby to be born.
I do admire my Joseph and adore him as he is  unique a Jew who was neither an arrogant nor a male chauvinist. He has been meticulously planning this trip. He seemed to be very much worried about the safety of the Baby to born and of my own safety, and rightly so.
My Joseph is a Just Man indeed!
My soul glorifies the Lord….
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!

Looking into myself and at myself,
As a pregnant young woman who is well into her Trimester,
On a pure natural and human level,
I was worried all the way through our journey to Bethlehem.
I was worried about anything untoward happening… a fall...an unusual bleeding.. a sudden burst of the fluid.. anything could have happened which would have harmed my baby….
Oh, No! I couldn't even imagine…!

All the while, my mind kept on reminding me the words of the Angel, Gabriel,
“the Lord is with Thee..”
It took time, energy, and effort to calm my anxiety ridden emotions of fear and foreboding.
I was convinced in my mind but it was difficult to take my heart and it's feelings along.
When i said my “fiat”,
When i said “my yes”,
When i gave my consent,
Never did i know that I had to go through such trials and tough times!
In hindsight, in fact, it was only a beginning of trials…
With the constantly guiding presence of my Lord and with my Joseph standing by me,
I knew for certain that:
My baby is safe and secure.
And we shall reach Bethlehem!”

My soul glorifies the Lord!
And my rejoices in God my Savior …

Oh, Blessed Mother,
You are an inspiration for me and for millions of us humans!
Thank you! for what you are!
Be a special source of strength and inspiration to all those expecting Moms,
Especially those expecting Mom who are having tough times.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for the gift of your Mother!

I thank you, Jesus for your :
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen!
JoAchen
Monday, 21st December, 2015



Dear Reader,  These Reflections are a part of my journaling of the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers, I request you to include me in yours.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment