Monday 14 December 2015

120 My Monologues & Musings : Human Rights Day

120 My Monologues & Musings : Human Rights Day

Oh, God of Freedom,
You know fully well that we your children love to indulge in unlimited freedom.
At the same time, we know as  well as You:
There can never be unlimited freedom for us which would result in chaos.
So You envisaged for us Rights and Duties for each one of us, Your children, right?
But we have a real strong tendency and inclination to violate the rights of each other.
We are tempted to deny the Rights of our fellow humans.
Be it:
Religious Rights,
Political Rights,
Financial Rights,
Social Rights.
And often enough, we yield to such temptations personally and collectively causing untold injustice, humiliations, and misery to many of our fellow humans.
This has been so from time immemorial.
Through Your Prophets and through Your own Son, Jesus, we have been kept reminded of it and have been reprimanded for its violation.
In order to keep on conscientizing ourselves we observe today as:
The Human Rights Day.
May we be sorry individually and collectively for the Human Right Violations we have been perpetrating!
May we make make reparations!
May we never repeat them in future!
May we be ready to protect the Human Rights  of the week who find themselves defenseless!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
You have  been very vocal as well as active
in protecting:
The rights of the poor,  
The rights of the women and widows,
The rights of children, and
The rights of sinners.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Looking into my own past,
I have failed!
I have at times violated rights of the weak.
I have misappropriated their opportunities and privileges!
I want to keep myself in check and instead of violating their rights of the weak, I want to help them to protect their rights.
Whenever my rights were threatened,  
I would vigorously and fiercely defend them!
I want to show the dedication in defending the rights of others.

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your:
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen!
JoAchen
Thursday, 10th December, 2015
Human Rights Day

Dear Reader, These Reflections are a part of my journaling of the the Prodigal Priest in me as I struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers, I request you to include me in yours.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment