Saturday 5 December 2015

116 My Monologues & Musings : World Soil Day



116 My Monologues & Musings :
World Soil Day

Oh, God of the Earth and the Heavens,
Thank You,
for making our Earth so marvellous a garden of vegetation, of flowers, of plants trees, and of all sorts of beautiful  biodiversity!
Oh, God of the Earth and the Heavens,
Thank You,
for its Soil, the miracle matter, on which every vegetation finds its abode!

Dear Mother Soil, Mother Earth,
Thank you for bringing forth all the vegetation starting from the tiny grass to the tall trees!
Could you, please, share your musings,..
Please!
“Sure, I love to…
I am glad you care to listen…”

Musings of the Mother Soil…..
“Every fiber of my being is full of joy-filled  gratitude that the Loving God created me and blessed me with all that is needed to bring forth vegetation with all its variety!
From teeny-weeny grass to tall-trunk trees,
From flower-plants to fruit-trees,
From rainforests to desert-bushes,
I am very happy they sink their roots deep into me!
I do enjoy their crawl and their clinging to me embracing me!
I relish as the roots spread out far and wide, dense and deep.
As I provide them with a place to stay,
They protect me from erosion.
I help the humans to grow food and feed.
I help  them to produce fuel and fiber.
The water they drink,
The food they eat,
The flowers and fruits they enjoy,
The cotton clothes they wear,
I am glad about my share in bringing them forth.
I provide them with a variety of wood, lumber, and logs.
I am glad to help them in any way can.
I have the largest storage of terrestrial carbon which is of immense use to them.

But it hurts me..
It hurts me to see the way they treat me..
Or rather they mistreat me.
They abuse me and exploit me.
They ravage me as they are rapacious!
They avariciously plunder me.
They pander and pillage me!
They bleed me with erosion!
They pollute me and make me toxic!
Which turns me into bare, barren Soil!

My only wish and request is:
They use me and utilise me moderately!
I want them to keep remembering:
Without me there is no survival for them!
And without them I feel desolate!
We need each other, Don't We?
We need to love and respect each other.
So that we may happily stay together
For ages and ages to come!
That's what our Creator wants!
How I wish they realize it,
Before it's too late!”

Dear Mother Soil,
Thank you for your soul stirring musings!
Thank you for what you have been for us!
Thank you for your immense patience!
May better sense prevail on us!
May we appreciate you much more!
May we love you and treat you tender!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
You loved Soil, the Earth.
You told us the stories of the Sower and the seed and Good Soil, stories of  
Wheat and Weed, growing in it, Didn't You?

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for blessing me to be born
Of a farmer-father and on a homestead farm which he loved and cared for.
He was a son of the Soil.
May we your children learn to love and respect the soil which sustains us all!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your:
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 5th December, 2015
World Soil Day


    

No comments:

Post a Comment