Wednesday 9 December 2015

119 My Monologues & Musings : Crimes of Genocide & Corruption

119 My Monologues & Musings : Crimes of Genocide & Corruption

Oh, God our Loving Creator,
Today, we, your children, and reminded of the heinous Crime of Genocide,
From the time Cain committed the first ever murder, we, your children, have been mercilessly killing and murdering each with devilish hate and vengeance!

We have ruthlessly tried to exterminate an entire group of people:
In the name of Race,
In the name of Religion,
In the name of Language,
In the name of Color,
In the name of Caste,
In the name of Country,
In the name of Ethnicity,
In the Natural Resources and Wealth,

Our past and our present are mired with this
horrendous crime.
Every now and then we engage in massive massacring of an entire section of humanity.

Oh, God, our Loving Creator,
May a more civilized sense prevail on us!
May we learn to control our Hate!
May we learn to cultivate Tolerance!
May we learn to see in each other Your Image and Likeness!
May we learn to live in Peace and Harmony!
May we learn to love of Enemies!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Looking at my past and present life,
I have often entertained Prejudice and Hate regarding sisters and sisters who are different from me in Race, Religion, Caste,
Color, Language and what not!
I have thought of an entire section of them as bad and evil!
I am sorry!
I want to keep trying to see Your Image and Likeness in each of my sister and brother!
Genocide,” a term used to describe violence against members of a national, ethnical, racial or religious group with the intent to destroy the entire group,
Oh, God of Justice and Equality,
Today we, Your Children, observe as
Anti Corruption Day.
We have been exploiting each for Economic and Social Enrichment through Corruption and Malpractice of every sort!
Corruption is rampant in our daily lives!
May we, Your Children learn to be just in our dealings!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Looking at my life,
I can identify instances and events I in which I have coveted and tried to have opportunities, power and positions I haven't deserved.
I am sorry!
I want to try not to engage in corrupt practices every sort!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your:
Unsolicited gift of life for me!
Uncountable blessings for me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Unflinching faith in me!
Unfailing Hope in me!
Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
Wednesday, 9th December, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment