Sunday 1 November 2015

98 My Monologues & Musings : All Saints Day

98 My Monologues & Musings : All Saints Day

Oh, God of all Holiness,
You wish and want us your children to be holy as you are holy, right?
How could that be possible!
Oh, God Almighty,  
You are All Holy and Untainted,
While we your children are tainted with an inclination to evil which is unholy.
Yet, You want us to try to bring forth the speck of Your Holiness which You have implanted in us in the form of Your Image and Likeness, right, God?
Thank You, Oh, Loving God, my Creator,
For instilling within me a speck of Your Image and Likeness.
Often I have forgotten that Your Image and Likeness is within myself.
Often I have failed to see Your Image and Likeness in my fellow humans.
I want to keep reminding myself that  myself and my fellow humans  have the God-Particle in us implanted by You!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
You are the Holiest of Humans!
You are fully Human and fully Holy!
You came to inspire us to keep trying to bring into fruition of the Divine Image and Likeness in us.
Thank you,  Lord.
Thank you also for the many of my fellow humans who have successfully brought into fruition of the Divine e Image and Likeness imprinted in them.
We call them Saints,
We honour them,
We venerate them,
We pray to them.
And today, All Saints Day, we feast on their memory  heroic lives.
We want to be inspired by their lives.

Dear Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Very often I fool myself just by appreciating and admiring the saints from a comfortable distance.
How I wish to try to tackle head on some of my weaknesses and keep bettering myself as some of the saint did.
How I wish to recognise and emulate the saintly qualities of my parents, of my grandparents, of my loved, in my life!
How I wish I could appreciate as well as emulate some of the holy priests and  nuns who have helped me and guided me at different times and stages of my life!

Dear Jesus, MyLord and My God,
I want to keep reminding myself that saints are not ready made.
But they have become saints through enduring difficult times, repenting over their failures, renewing themselves, and coming closer to you by self-actualizing your Image and likeness in themselves as well as in others.
This is what I want to keep on trying to become a saintly person recognizing and appreciating your Image and Likeness in myself and in others!
As i am faciinated by the lives of saints Francis of Assisi and Vincenzo Pallotti I want to keep on emulating them in my life.
Thank you Jesus,
for your :
Unconditional Love of me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday, 1st November,  2015

No comments:

Post a Comment