Monday 2 November 2015

99 My Monologues & Musings : All Souls Day

99 My Monologues & Musings : All Souls Day
Oh, God the Author of life and death,
You give us life and bring us into this world.
You take back our life through death.
You are the Giver of Life and Death.
Today, on All Souls Day, as we remember and pray for all the dead,
Oh, Lord Our God, we pray:
May the Souls of all our Departed Fellow Humans Rest in Peace!
Eternal Rest grant unto them, Oh, Lord!
Let Perpetual Light shine on them!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Eternal Rest grant unto:
My Mother
Who was first closest person who died forty one days after bringing me into this world.
As she gave me life , and she gave up hers!
May her soul Rest  In Peace!

Oh, Lord, Eternal Rest grant unto:
My Father
Who was a hard working farmer all  through his life who lived worked for his family.
May his soul Rest In Peace!

Oh, Lord, Eternal Rest  grant unto:
My Grandparents
Who gave me much love and cared for me a sick child all through my childhood.

Eternal Rest grant unto all the departed:
My nephew who died young of an accident.
My aunts and uncles, their families, my cousins, and relations,
Who have given me  much love and support.
May their Souls Rest In Peace!

Eternal Rest grant unto to all departed:
My teachers and professors,
starting from my first village teacher who taught me to write and read the alphabets of my mother tongue,
My teachers in the schools, the professors in the colleges, seminaries, and universities at home and abroad.
My priest teachers:
Who taught me religion and Catechism,  
Latin, Greek and Hebrew.
My Formators, Novice Master, Rectors, Superiors and Confreres my Religious Community,
May the Souls of all these great men and women Rest In Peace!

Eternal Rest grant unto all the departed:
My friends starting from my childhood, from schools and colleges, formation houses, seminaries, universities, parishes and faith communities at home and abroad who have given me their love and friendship.
May the souls of all of them Rest In Peace!

Eternal Rest grant unto all the departed: who didn't like me on account of my behaviour and all those whom I didn't like.
May the souls of all of them Rest In Peace!

Eternal Rest grant unto all departed:
who have helped me and supported me with prayers, with all sorts of financial and material assistance.
May the Souls of all of  them Rest In Peace!

Eternal Rest grant unto all the departed
whom I have served as a priest, pastor and teacher.
May the Souls of all of them Rest In Peace!

Eternal Rest grant unto all the departed:
who were led astray due to my unbecoming behaviours and influence.
May the Souls of all of them Rest In Peace!

Eternal Rest grant unto all the departed:
The innocent unborn,
The children who had been brutalised and abused emotionally, physically, and sexually,
The young women and men who got killed in violence of every sort,
All those who were killed by terrorism every kind,
All those who were killed on account of religion,
All those who were killed in wars
All those who lost their lives due hunger, famine and sickness,
All those elderly and sick who died uncared,
All those who lost their lives in accidents on the road, while travelling by air or sea,
All those who lost their lives due natural.calamities like flood, fire, and earthquakes,
All those who died unrepentant and unreconciled,
Eternal Rest grant unto all of them, Lord!
May the Souls of all of them  Rest in Peace.

Oh, Jesus My Lord and My God,
My Resurrection and My Life,
I keep praying for a happy and well prepared death.
Like the holy and elderly Simon who lifted up you as a baby boy and said,
“...Now let your servant go in peace..”
I want,
I Wish,
I pray,
I hope, and
I wait for such a death.
I may Rest In Peace someday when you call me!

Eternal Rest grant unto them,  Oh, Lord!
Let Perpetual Light shine upon them.
May the Souls of all the departed
Rest In Peace
Amen
JoAchen
All Souls Day
Monday, 2 d November,  2015




No comments:

Post a Comment