Thursday 26 November 2015

111 My Monologues & Musings : Thanksgiving Day 2015

111 My Monologues & Musings :  Thanksgiving Day

Oh, Lord, The God of Pilgrims,
Oh, Lord, The God of  Immigrants,

Today your children who live in the land of North America gratefully recall their Ancestors who landed on its Eastern Shores as Pilgrims and Immigrants.  
They rightly observe this day as Thanksgiving Day!
I join them in their Thanksgiving Prayers to You!
You have blessed Them and their Land in abundance!
A Land, they call,
A Land of Opportunities!
A Land of Liberty!
A Land shining from Sea to Sea!

Oh, God of Pilgrims, and Immigrants,
You have blessed their hard work.
They worked hard and have made their land, a Land flowing with “milk and honey”.
They have made their land, a Land of plenty and prosperity.
Oh, God, You have been blessing their hard work,
I join them in offering you Thanksgiving!
As they gratefully recall the heroic and harrowing hard work of their Pilgrim Fathers and Mothers and their Children and the Children's Children,
I join them in repeating and renewing
The Prayer of their Founding Fathers,
“In God, We Trust “

Oh, God of Pilgrims and Immigrants,
May Your Children who live in the land of North America continue to pursue and persevere the lofty ideals and the golden dreams which are enshrined in their Constitution.
May they continue to uphold the Religious and Political Freedom.
May they nourish and cherish the multiracial, 
the multireligious, and 
the multicultural Melting Pot as they proudly call themselves!

Oh, God of Pilgrims,
Oh, God of Immigrants,
Oh, God of Sojourners,
As You know for years I was a Sojourner in the land North America.
I consider those years as some of the best formative and grow g years in my life.
I was privileged to have college and university education in America.
I was privileged to be of some service to them as a Pastor in parishes and as a Pastoral Counselor in hospitals.
Oh, God of Sojourners,
You did bless me with many caring and loving Americans:
Who loved me,
Who supported me,
Who encouraged me,
And made my life happy and productive!
I continue to cherish and nourish the fond memories of the days and years I spent with them and in their Land of Opportunities!
Bless everyone of them, Lord!
Continue to bless them peace and prosperity, happiness and harmony!
As I join them in their Thanksgiving,
I keep praying and wishing,
God Bless America!
JoAchen
Fr. Joe Kallani

From the moment you knit me together in my mother's womb till this moment,
Oh, my God,  you have been showering on me blessings after blessings.
Oh, my God, i offer you, my Thanksgiving!

My parents who cooperated with you as my Co-Creators are your first blessings to me!
Oh, my God, i offer you my Thanksgiving!

Your blessings kept on coming to me through my siblings, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, other relations.
Oh, my God, I offer you my Thanksgiving!

As I moved on to school, my Lord, you kept on sending me your blessings through my teachers and friends. Then moving on to college and seminary, even there you kept providing me with your blessings in the form of the staff and fellow students aiding  me along!
Oh, my God, I offer you my Thanksgiving!

And then, Oh, my God, You came to me with the Big Blessing in the form of a share in your Priesthood!  
Then you packed me off to distant lands and nations, to countries and to continents, to cities and villages, to churches and hospitals to colleges and universities to witness you!
Oh, my God, I offer you my Thanksgiving!

Lord, you keep sending me your blessings by thousands and thousands in the form of loving, caring, supporting people, men and women, young and old, healthy and sick  who brought me your love, care, and concern!
Your blessings keep coming to me in various ways!
Oh, my God, I offer you my Thanksgiving!

Lord, I thank you:
For standing by me through my failures,
For encouraging me through my success, Thank you, Lord, for your Patience with me!
Lord, I keep offering you my Thanksgiving
as I struggle to witness your Unrequited Love, your Unending Patience, and your Unconditional Forgiveness,
and it keeps on and on..unending!

Lord, I thank you for the wonder of my being!
Me, a broken earthen vessel holding
your Image and Likeness for the last seventy years or so!
Oh, my Lord and my God,  
I keep offering You my humble and sincer
Thanksgiving!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday,  26th November. 2015
Thanksgiving Day

My Dear Friends in USA,
I wish you and your family a very
Happy Thanksgiving!
May the God of Pilgrims and Immigrants
continue to bless and protect you, your family and your beloved Land.
I am just fine and continue to live up on the Hilltop Shrine.
The days and years I lived in your great country are truly a treasure chest for me.
With fond memories. I do keep holding you all my daily prayers.
Lovingly,
Fr. Joe Kallani

PS
Dear Reader,  These Reflections are a part of the Journaling by the Prodigal Priest in me as I  struggle to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment