Saturday 14 November 2015

102 My Monologues & Musings : Eve, The First Feminine ( Gen 3 )

102 My Monologues & Musings:
Eve, the First Feminine (Gen 3)
Oh, Dear Eve, the First Feminine,
You are the first feminine, the first lady, first wife, the first Mum, right?
You are the Mother of all!
You must have been very beautiful to behold because your Adam was instantly and irresistibly attracted to you!

Wow! You did indeed sweep him off his feet.
Sad, your honeymoon didn't last long!
In hindsight, you must have felt it as a terrible tragedy, haven't you?
Would you, please, share with me your monologues and Musings of your life?

Eve:
“Yes, it was a real paradise indeed!
Adam and myself, when we woke up from the deep sleep,
Oh, boy! I sat up staring at him…
He too kept staring…
We kept on staring at each other..
Seeing someone much like me..
Having face and feet, hair and hands!
Gradually our staring turned into gazing!
Gazing turned into smiling!
We felt irresistibly attracted to each other!
We became friends, lovers, couples, and colleagues.
It was a worry free, hassle free, care free life..
We were in perfect harmony with the nature,  with the trees, plants and with the entire world birds and animals of every sort.
There was perfect harmony and happiness!
Until...it happened!
It all started with a friendly, spontaneous chat with the charming serpent!
One thing led to another and finally ..
Both of us ended up eating the forbidden fruit!
To make it worse!
When quizzed and  questioned by our Creator my husband placed the blame on me indirectly on God who had gifted me to him. And I, in turn, blamed the serpent.
Oh, No!
I never ever wanted deliberately to disobey my Creator.
Neither did my husband wished to be disobedient to our Creator!
In fact we loved Him and he led him in high regard!
We were in no way angry with Him!
We had no grudge against Him!
We didn't want in any way to rebellion against Him!
But, in effect, it was unadulterated,
downright disobedience to the clear cut strictures of our Creator!
I can't believe that did eat it!
How could have I eaten it?
I saw it was:
good for food,
a delight to my eyes, and
it was to be desired to make one wise!
I was naive!
I allowed myself to be mislead.
In deep recess of my heart there arose an unthinkable and unpardonable desire to be like God!
I allowed myself to fall into the snares of the seductive serpent, the evil one!
Then I kept on shifting the blame….
I had even the audacity to place the blame at door step of my Creator, by telling Him…
‘the serpent tricked me’...
Implying..
had there been no serpent, I wouldn't have been tricked…
Didn't you create the serpent and let it hang around…?
How skewed had my perceptions been!
Now I regret it!
Had I told Him ..
just a plain simple:
“Sorry, God!”,
Had I confessed before Him that I did secretly nurse the idea of being, ‘like God’,
Had I talked to my husband into admitting that we have flouted the commandment of our Creator,
Things would have been totally different!
Ever since I had evaded to own up my faults and failures, our progeny continues to tread on the same of path of evading:
to admit their failures,
to acknowledge their guilt, and
to seek pardon and forgiveness, right?
We, your First Ancestors, didn't leave behind us the right role models for you to follow!
Our actions have left behind an indelibly distorted mark on the psyche of every human being born ever since!
Our progeny unabashedly continues:
To hold onto denials and shifting the blame,
To rationalize and justify the failures,
To nurse the ambition to be like their God,
Sadly you did inherit this trait from us, your First Parents!
Sad indeed!”
Dear Mother Eve,
Thank you,
for your musings and monologues!
You gladly know that:
there is a brighter side to your saga!
We, your children are eternally blessed:
that we have Jesus, the Messiah,
that He has come into our midst to inspire and strengthen us in our struggle against our Negative Traits of evading to own up our failures.
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for being there for us as the Eternal Model showing us the way to deliverance from our weaknesses.
You know it so well that I have failed and fallen many many times..
And every time I had an excuse to make!
I kept blaming others and
the circumstances for my failures and faults.
Ever since my childhood, my school years, my seminary days, even as a confrere, as a priest, as a pastor, as a teacher, and even as I advance towards the evening years of my life:
I keep catching myself dodging my culpability for my sins and failure!
I keep catching myself of keeping myself in denial.
I keep catching myself of nursing the secret ambition:
to be almost all powerful…
to be almost all knowing,..
to be like some sort of a god..
I want to put a stop to it, Lord!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you:
for your continued forgiveness and
for your merciful love!
Thank you for your:
Unconditional Love of me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 14th November, 2015 Joachenmonologues@gmail.com

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither any pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations.They are a part of my devotional meditations and journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers I request you to include me in yours.
Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment