Saturday 21 November 2015

108 My Monologues & Musings : Noah, The First Just Man

108 My Monologues & Musings : Noah, The First Just Man
Dear Noah, the First Just Man,
You are a very fascinating person indeed!
You were a just man, a dutiful son and loving father. That's all what we know about your personality.  
Of course, you were and are loved by your God as He identified the just man in  you.
Dear Patriarch Noah,
Could you, please, share your ‘musings’?
Noah:
“Though I was pleasantly surprised that I have found favor with God. I have often wondered about being picked up as just man because I haven't done anything spectacular to merit it. I have tried to be a  very dutiful family man.
That’s the way I see.
I have tried:
to be an obedient son,
to be a loving husband and
to be a caring and a very paternal father.
We had a hard working and a happy family.
But the unexpected and direct intervention of God in my life caught me off guard.
Ever since my life has never been the same.
It made me very sad to hear from Him that He has decided to destroy the world with a  deluge on account of the all pervading  sinful actions of the humans.
I was elated when God told me that me and family will be saved.
But when I was told to get ready with an Ark of massive proportions I was almost dumbfounded.
How could I?  
I had never built one!
I don't have the knowhow of it!
Finally I gave in and started building the Ark.
All those who had heard about the Mega Ark Building Project and everyone who came to see it were amusingly laughing at me!
Many thought I have become deranged!
Well, I had become a butt of their jokes!
But I kept on..and finally completed it!
Then the rain came..
If kept on raining for seemingly unending days!  
Finally the Ark was floating!
It was a floating zoo with all the birds, animals, and wit every living species!
Oh, boy! I felt awesome at the very thought of the Living God!
As the rains stopped and the flood waters receded we disembarked and offered the Thanksgiving Sacrifice!
And then the most beautiful thing on the skyline…..
The Rainbow !!!
The cosmic covenant of God !
Awesome indeed!
The Rainbow is the eternal symbol of God's love for his children!
It's the sign of  Unbreakable Promise and Unfailing Hope of our God!!
Well being human as I am, I had too much of the good time.. and Booze!
Whenever i come to think of it I feel ashamed of myself!”
Thank you,  Noah, the First Just Man!
I wonder whether I would have believed the impending happening of the flood and I would have set out to build the Ark!
That's the fickle faith of me!

Oh, Loving and forgiving God,
Thank you for the gift of Noah!
He is the First Just Man in Your Holy Book!
Thank you  for Your Reassuring Rainbow!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
In a sense you are the Rainbow of the Father.
Your very Incarnation is the Rainbow of Resurrection and Life Eternal!
I keep thanking you for the faith you have in me and the hope you nurse in!
I don't want to disappoint you anymore!
I want to keep on the Pilgrimage of the Prodigal Priest in me and keep on returning to to the Home of my the Heavenly Father!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank you for your:
Unconditional Love of me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 21st November, 2015

PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest on my return to the Home of our Heavenly Father.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment