Thursday 19 November 2015

106 My Monologues & Musings : International Men's Day

106 My Monologues & Musings : International Men's Day
Oh, Loving God our Creator,
You created us humans in your image and likeness. You created us, Male and Female you created us, Didn't You?
Due to various reasons like physiological,  cultural factors, the Male Gender began and continue to dominate human race. Gradually the male domination acquired theological and divine significance.
Oh, Loving God our Creator,
Even though, You are beyond the dichotomy of  gender as You are of both,  Male and Female Gender
Even You are addressed and considered to be of Male Gender, as Loving, Merciful,  and all Powerful and all Knowing Father,
in reality,
You are not limited to any specific gender. There is Male and Female in You, right?
Thank You!
Today, as we observe as International Men's Day,  we bring before You all the Male Gender,
The elderly Males,
The Senior Males,
The Adult Males,
The Young Adult Males,
The Teenage Males,
The Adolescent Males,
The Boys,
The Male Children and Babes,
Bless them, Oh, God of all Genders!  
Bless them that they believe and treat the Female Gender with love and respect as equals before You and among themselves!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Though you were born as a baby boy and grew up as a loving, caring Male Adult, you always treated the Female with much love and care.
You were not a Male Chauvinist!
May your male brother always resist the constant  temptation to be so.
May all your Male brothers treat the Females with love, respect, and care!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for all the Males in my life!
My own Father,
My Grandfathers,
My Brother,
My Uncles,
My male Teachers,
My Superiors, 
My Confreres, 
My male Students,
My male Cousins,
My male Classmates,
My male Friends,
My male Colleges, and
Every Male person in my life!
Thank you, Lord for giving them to me!
I have fond memories of them!
May they continue to experience your loving care and protection.
I have hurt them and i have been ungrateful to them many times and in many ways.
I am sorry and deeply sorry!
Bless them, Lord!
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for bringing me as a baby boy into this world!
Thank you for anointing me as a priest!
As I continue my pilgrimage as a Prodigal Priest to the Home of the Heavenly Father,
Be with me, Lord!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 19th November, 2015
International Men’s Day




No comments:

Post a Comment