Sunday 22 November 2015

109 My Monologues & Musings : Christ The King

109 My Monologues & Musings : Christ The King

Oh, Jesus, 
My King, 
My Lord and, 
My God,
Many a people wanted to make your their King so that they have it easy, right?
Well, I am no different!

Looking into myself and at myself I wonder why I often pray to you?
I guess:
For favors? Most of the times, yes!
For blessings? Very many times, yes!
For forgiveness of sins and failures, Yes!
In a sense I too want you to be my King!
So that I have it easy!
That’s  me, most of the time,  Lord!
How often do I pray to you and talk to you? 
I keep on repeating over and over that i love you as my God and Saviour!
Do I love you just because you are the Son of God?
Do I love you for what you are or what you do for me?
Sure, it is good to love you for the blessings and forgiveness I have been enjoying from you!
True, I love for what you do for me!
But I also want to love you what you are!
I want to love you as you are lovable!
I want love you,0
Whether you answer my prayers or not,
I just to want love you! 
For what You are!
I want you to be my King:
Just because of your self-giving love!
Just because you are the Good Shepherd!
Just because of your Feet-Washing love!
Just because of your self-emptying love!
Just because you became one of us!
Just because you are Emmanuel!

Oh, Jesus, 
My King, 
My Lord, 
My God,
How I wish:
To keep gazing at your loving Heart!
HOW I wish:
To be imbibed with the love of Crucified King!
How I wish:
To be empowered by the Resurrected King!
Oh, Jesus,  
My King,
My Lord and,
My God,
Thank you for your:
Unconditional Love of me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Amen!
JoAchen
Sunday, 22nd November,  2015
Feast of Christ the King
PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth.
They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. I keep holding you in my prayers and request you to include me in yours.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment