Wednesday 21 October 2015

94 My Monologues & Musings : Abel ( Gen 4 )

94 My Monologues & Musings : Abel (Gen 4)
Dear Abel,  
You are a hardworking and upright young man who really cares for your sheep.
You are the first ever known shepherd, right, Abel?
You seem to be a very caring and dedicated sheep tender.
The God of your parents was very much impressed with you and with your dedication to your profession.
In His eyes, you have done very well in getting ready with the Offering you brought him.
You took the time and the trouble to pick the first born sheep and select the best fleshy part to offer to your God and the God of your parents.
Abel,
You really wanted to do it,
You were very much interested in doing it, weren't you?
You put your heart and mind in what you  did.
It was not a haphazard, lousy job.
You just didn't it for the sake of doing it, did you?
Oh, dear Abel,
When I look at myself:
How I wish:
That I could be as dedicated in my work as you are!
That I could be as sincere in whatever I do as you are!
That I could be as true to myself as you are!
No wonder!
The Lord was very pleased with you and gladly accepted your offering.
It is a wonderful feeling when one is appreciated and accepted by those who are significant in one’s life, right?
That's exactly what you experienced when your God accepted your Offering.
I am sure you felt bad when you noticed the Offering of your brother was not accepted.
You must have felt confused when your brother was envious of you!
Dear Abel, I would be very happy if you could share with me your musings memories......
Abel:
"I always looked up to my elder brother with awe! My earliest recollection of him as someone who walk and run much faster than myself.
He could talk with my parents much more fluently than I could.
As adolescent boys we played and had lots of fun.
I was much quieter than him.
I was fascinated with sheep and cattle,
While he loved to work in the fields along with our Dad raising vegetables, flower gardens, and fruit trees.
I loved to take them out for grazing and tending them.
I just loved to watch them in silence.
While I admired my elder brother, he seemed to resent me.
I don't know for what and why!
Maybe, he didn't like me being very prompt and committed to my work.
He loved to take things easy and loath. Somehow he was a bit lazy and laid back type.
When the Lord God rejected his offering my brother was shattered.
He, for sure, wanted the attention and applause, but he was not that willing to earn them and work for them.
He,a sort of, expects it by being the eldest.
Sad indeed!
I couldn't have imagined he would kill me!
He was in a sense under the grip of an evil and destructive thinking.
By killing me, I guess he took it out on God for having rejected him and his offering!
But God tried his level best to make him realize that had he done the right thing, he too would been accepted. right?
How skewed our human thinking and imagination could be!
How much trouble God had taken trying to convince my brother to stop brooding over or else worse things would befall !!
But of no avail!
How sad God must have been when he realized that even he couldn't check the destructive course of action my brother was plotting!
How stubborn we humans can be!
How possessed we humans can be with our self destructive thought patterns!
I am happy that finally my brother got repented and now he is here in heaven with me along with our parents!
Once again we are together as a happy family!"
Thank you, Abel for your inmost thoughts!

Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for stopping me many times from my evil plans and thoughts before they could be translated into evil and self destructive actions.
Thanks a million for coming down to me in the form of others while I was in the grip of my evil moods, like Cain!
I know as you do too, there is also an Abel in me who does things rightly.
I want to help him to be more active in my life!
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for Your:
Unconditional Love of me!
Unlimited Patience with me!
Untold Forgiveness for me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 21st October, 2015


Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure exegetical interpretations nor highly theological explanations. These are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling in my struggle as a Prodigal Priest  trying everyday to keep returning to the Home our Heavenly Father.
Dear Reader, as I keep holding you in my prayers, I request you to include me in yours.
Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment