Monday 5 October 2015

85 My Monologues & Musings : World Teachers Day

85 My Monologues & Musings :
World Teachers Day
Jesus, My Teacher, 
My Rabbi,
You were known as the Rabbi, the Teacher.
The people who got a chance to listen to you and to meet you were impressed with with way you taught, right?
You taught with compassion, with clarity, and with authority.
A vast majority of the ordinary folks listened to you with rapt attention and admiration.
Yet, some of the traditional teachers felt threatened.
They were green envy and red with fury and plotted to do away with you, right?
In your ancestral religion and culture the teachers were called as 'Rabbi' and were held In high esteem.
They were male teachers.
They were persons of knowledge and wisdom.
In our present day, we have both male and female teachers.
As we honour them today, we bring them to you!
May our teachers:
Whether they are young or elderly,
Whether they are female or male,
Whether they are single or married,
Whether they are parents or grandparents,
Whether they are well off or in want,
Whether they are in school or in college,
Whether they are at home or far away,
Whether they are happy or sad,
Whether they are in good or in bad health,
Whether they teach religion or language,
Whether they teach art or architecture,
Whether they teach science or technology,
Whether they are part time or full time,
Whether they are temporary or tenured,
Whether they well paid or underpaid,
May all of our teachers all over the world, We offer them to you.
May everyone of them:
Be healthy and be happy!
Be able and be dedicated!
Be loving and be caring!
Be appreciated and be thanked!
May our teachers find fulfillment and joy
In their personal and professional life!
Lord Jesus, in a very special way,
I bring before you all the teachers in my life,
From the kindergarten to college,
From home and from abroad.
I bring before you my first teacher from my village who taught me write in white sand and learn the alphabets of my mother tongue.
I bring my the last teacher from the universities at home and abroad.
I bring before you all the many teachers in between.
I bring them before you to be blessed!
I bow my head before them in gratitude!
Bless them and their loved ones.
Bless every teacher in world over!
Rabbi Jesus,  'Raboni',
bless them!
Amen
JoAchen
World Teachers Day
Monday, 5th October, 2015

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are part of my journaling in my struggle to grow into a more mature and spiritual person. These are part of the pilgrimage of prodigal priest to.the home of our Heavenly Father. I am happy to share these thoughts with you. As I keep holding you in my prayers I request you to include me in yours.
JoAchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment