Friday 16 October 2015

92 My Monologues & Musings : World Food Day

92 My Monologues & Musings :World  Food Day
Dear Loving God,
You did create the earth with all its vegetation, with all its animals on land, birds in the air, and fish in the sea.
You created them for us humans, for our sustenance.
Thank you, Dear God!
You created them and entrusted us human to cultivate the land and bring forth produce of all sorts.
Our Mother Earth can and does produce  enough food material for all of us.
Yet many millions of your children who are our fellow sisters and brothers go hungry every day due to our own greed and selfishness.
Millions of infants and babes, aged and elderly, sick and weak go hungry everyday
due to our selfishness.
Tones of food and food materials are being wasted by us, while millions go to bed hungry stomach!
Oh, loving Father,
I confess that:
I have wasted food.
I have not shared it.
I indulged in over eating.
I have been a glutton at times.
I have have often been on a.bing.
I have wasted money on expensive food.
I want to be more careful, responsible, and grateful with the use of food!
Dear Jesus,
You had compassion on the hungry and you fed them miraculously.
You solicited the support and contribution even of a little lad  with his five loaves and two fish.
So you do remind us to share, right?
Dear Jesus,
You called everyone blessed who feeds the hungry.
And you exhorted us to do so!

Jesus, My Lord and My God,
May we your children be caring and concerned about those who go hungry!
May we have sharing mind and hearts!
May we collectively and personally use the food responsibly and judiciously!
May we at times force ourselves to feel the pangs of hunger through fasting!
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Thank you for feeding me for last near seventy years of my life!
I feel guilty and sorry for wasting food and for over indulging in eating!
I resolve to use the gift of food responsibly and share it gladly.
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Lord, you who are the Bread of Life,
Continue to be the source of life and inspiration for us, your children!
That may keep working to wipe away hunger and disease!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 16th October, 2015
joachenmonologues@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment