Sunday 4 October 2015

84 My Monologues & Musings : St. Francis Assisi

84 My Monologues & Musings : St. Francis Assisi
Dear saintly and friendly Francis,
To day, very many of your fellow sisters and brothers remember you in a very special way by celebrating your feast.
Dear saint, I would be really honoured and privileged, if you could share some of your reminiscences about your life.....
.....     ......     .......   ......   ......    .......
"Sure, I am glad to ..
As they say, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. My was hard working and successful textile merchant. He owned large tracts of farmland as well. My Mom was a very pretty lady and a devout housewife. I had everything i needed and whatever i wishef and wanted. I was a sort of pampered boy! I loved partying, booze, and all the wildest things carved by youth!
By the time I was fourteen I quit school. I got interested in music, wrestling, archery, and horse riding. I wanted to make name for myself and joined the army to fight for my native land and was taken prisoner. My father had to put a hefty sum as a ransom to get me freed...  In the meantime, I had mellowed down a bit and felt an inner urge to change for better.
I had some sort of a God experience.
I began to be more spiritual.
All along my wild and wayward ways, I always had a soft corner for the poor and sick. I went to the extreme, even parting with my fine, warm clothing for the poor and the sick. My father couldn't stand my exaggerated compassion for the port and sick. We had several violent arguments and fights. Finally I in very dramatic way we disowned each other.
I was becoming more and more an ascetic, fasting and neglecting to care for my body.
May be due to my guilt for the past.  I began to find strengthl and solace from communing with Jesus and contemplating on the beauty and bounty of nature. I loved the birds and animals. For hours i used to spend with them ..conversing with them..feeding them.. singing aloud.I also had visions  from Jesus my Saviour. He gifted me with stigma.
Many thought that I had gone mad!
In the meantime I had gathered a group of like minded and fervent young men and we formed a sort of a praying and serving community.
Clara, the pretty and courageous young woman was was fascinated by our way of life and dedication to tge Lord. She joined us and formed a community of dedicated and praying women.
At the age forty three I was sick, severely ill. i longed with Lord which soon I did!
I am glad the world is showing renewed interest in appreciating and caring for the universe, for the beautiful Earth and it's creatures! So glad to know of the current Pope has taken interest in the care and responsible use the nature and it's resources. Am honoured to know he had adopted my name as his Papal Name!
I love his "Laudato Si"
I am happy up hers in heaven and keep praying for everyone on earth!
I keep sing,
"Make me a channel of your peace:
Where there is hatred, let me bring you love;
Where there is injury, your healing pow'r,
And where there's doubt, true faith in you.

Make me a channel of your peace:
Where there's despair in life let me bring hope;
Where there is darkness, - only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy.

O Spirit, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love with all my soul - .

Make me a channel of your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all that we receive,
And in dying that we're born to eternal life."

Thank you,
Dear loving saint Francis for what you were and what you are!
You are a Wounded Healer!
You are probably one closest admires and follower of Lord Jesus!
I wish, how i wish to be a far distant shadow of your dedication and devotion to Jesus Lord and our God!
Today is very special day for me in personal way.
It is the death anniversary of my mother who was called by the Lord while still an infant baby!
Though very sad to miss her I am happy she was called by the Lord on your Feastday.
I know for certain she is happy over there and praying for me.
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
A big thank you for giving us Francis Assisi.
Let me keep singing,
Make me a channel.of your peace..."
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday, 4th October 2015
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are a part of my journaling as prodigal priest on my Pilgrimage back to the Home of Our Father.
As I keep holding you in my prayers I request you to keep me in yours.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment