Thursday 1 October 2015

82 My Monologues & Musings : International Day for the Older Persons

82 My Monologues & Musings : International Day for Older Persons

Oh, loving God of our Fathers and Mothers,
My first ever traceable memory of Older and Elderly Persons revolves around my Grandparents!
I used to call them Appen and Amma.
I thank you for their significant presence in my life and helping me to grow up in my childhood days.
Grant Eternal Rest unto them, Lord!
Thank You, for sending them into my life.
One of the best things they have given me  is their near unconditional love and support.
Besides them there were and are many elderly persons of both genders, relative, my parents, my teachers and many elderly priests. Everyone of them has contributed to my existence, my growth and, my functioning as a person and as a priest.
Bless everyone of them, Lord!

Oh, Loving God, Our Father and our Mother,
As you know there are many thousands of Older and Elderly  Persons who are neither loved nor appreciated nor cared for.
A good many of them are either neglected or abandoned.
Many of them are being treated by their families as burdens and liabilities!
Many of them are subjected to either  physical or emotional or mental or spiritual tortures.
Oh, Loving God, Our Father and Mother,
May i your child along with all your children learn to love and care for our Older and Elderly Persons.
May we tend to treasure:
them,
their memories,
their sacrifices and
their contributions
to their families
to us and
to the human race at large!

Dear Lord Jesus,
You too have enjoyed lots of love care from your Significant Older and Elderly.
Besides your parents, your Grandparents both maternal and paternal must have given you lots love and care, Haven't they?
I have heard of Joachim and Anna, your maternal Grandparents who have given you lots attention and affection!
I gratefully bring before you my Significant Older and Elderly and all the Older and the Elderly so that they may be loved and cared for!
I thank you for giving me my Grandparents and the Older Persons who have been very significant in my life!
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
Keep them ever closer to you!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 1st October, 2015
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com

Dear Reader, These Reflections are a part of my journaling of the pilgrimage of the Prodigal Priest in me. I am glad to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment