Friday 9 October 2015

87 My Monologues & Musings : World Post Day

87 My Monologues & Musings : World Post Day
Dear Lord,
As we observe today World Post Day we bring before you all those thousands  women and men all over the world who work in Postal Sector. 
Bless them!
Bless their work!
Bless them with a sense joy in their work!
Bless their families!
They connect hearts and minds together be it in good times or in bad times. 
They bring families and friends together.
Sure they also bring bad news, sad news, heart rending news.
They bring news which may break up relationships and news that lead to quarrel , fight between persons and people and even may lead to wars. 
You know, it not their fault and they only deliver the mail entrusted to them.
They carry the mail to mega cities and to far flung villages. 
Lord, may they be safe as they perform their duties irrespective of weather. 
May they be safe as they move around in rain and in hot sun, in snow and in windy weather.
May they safely return home after their work.
Lord, bless all those mail men and women who have brought mail for me! 
They have been doing it for the last fifty plus years.
I remember the ever letter from my father.
It was half a century or so ago. I was in the seminary about 600 miles away from my home. It was first time for me to be far away from home and was quite a bit homesick. 
 I was very excited to get the first ever letter written by my father. The letter brought me the sad news of the death of our pet she-goat. We had her at least seven plus years and had been providing us with milk. 
 was sad! 
That was the first I got from the mailman!
Lord bless every person and personnel who are work in the Postal Department.
May they be the modern angelic Messengers! 
Remember, You too Lord depended your mail men and women in the form of Angels and Prophets, right?
Thank You, Lord for all the past and present Mail Women and Men.
Do keep blessing them and their work!
Amen
JoAchen 
Friday, October 9th,  2015
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment