Sunday 26 July 2015

58 My Monologues : Venerable Joachim and Anna

58 My Monologues : Venerable Joachim and Anna

Dear Venerable Anna and Joachim,
You were born into your respective ancestral Jewish families and brought up as very practising Jewish you.  When you got married you dreamed of bring forth your own kids into the world. You dreamed of  becoming loving, caring, and very dedicated parents.
But your dreams to have kids and to become parents took a long forty plus years and thousands of hours prayers and fasting.
Venerable Joachim, you went to the Judean deserts and spent forty days in solitude, in fasting , and praying to become parents. Yahweh did hear your prayer.
You and Anna, your wife became parents of Mary. You both became parents of a daughter who was to become the mother God.
Aren't you unique parents who went through years of ignominy and agony of a childless couple?
Though very little is known about you, it is certain that you were devout parents and brought up your daughter dearer to Yahweh.
So Yahweh chose your daughter to be the mother of God.
You spent your best youthful years in sadness, in sorrow, in prayer, in waiting with expectation to become parents. But little did you know you were destined to be grandparents of the Messiah!
Sure, you did not live to see your Grandson and hold Him in your arms and pamper him, right?
Jesus, your grandson is proud of you just as you are of him, right?
Dear Mother Mary,
You must learned the basic lessons of endurance, hope, and love from your parents, right?
As the legend goes you were taken to the Temple and was dedicated to Yahweh. Aren't you proud of your parents?
Dear Jesus,
Though you never had the joy of relishing their love and attention of your Grandparents and spending fun time with them, you mother must shared with you a lot about them, didn’t she?
Dear Jesus,
I bring before you all the grandparents especially the ones who are lonely, who are sick,  who are uncared for and unattended!
May find solace and strength from dear and near ones.
I thank you for the gift of my grandparents who brought me until I was ten, who cared for as a motherless infant-baby. 
They gave me much love and owe them much gratitude.
Bless them with eternal life and your presence!
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I bring before you all who bear their name! May they be inspired and strengthened by the life and example of  Venerable Joachim and Anna.
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I want to some time on silence in your presence offering all the grandparents and all those bear the name of Joachim and Anna.
I want to be inspired by your Grandparents,
by their enduring hope, by their living faith, by their mutual love for each other and for your Father in Heaven. 
Amen
JoAchen
Sunday, 25th July, 2015
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.co
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my, 'Prodigal Priest's' journaling on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father. You are welcome to share them.
Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

I plan on uploading a Reflection each on 7th, 14th, 21st, and on the 28th of every month. If you do not want get these Reflections via email, please send a note and your email id will be deleted from the mailing list.
Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment