Wednesday 15 July 2015

53 My Monologues :World Youth Skill Day

53 My Monologues : World Youth Skill Day
Dear Jesus,
Though nothing has been recorded about your teenage years as well as about your young adult life till you were thirty, you have lived and experienced those years, right?
You did feel the energy and the enthusiasm of those years, didn’t you?
You did experience the urge of the idealism and the stumbling blocks on your mission, right?
You did experience the vibrant joys as well as the veritable hurts of those seventeen hidden years, haven't  you?
You had to experience the  stubbornness of 'status quo', as well as the helplessness of the hapless under class, right?
Dear Jesus,
As we observe the World Youth Skills Day we bring before you the youth of today, those young women and men.
We thank you for the very gift of them to the world.
I pray :
May they grow up to be wonderful persons, bringing glory to you, joy to themselves, and pride to their loved ones as well as to their country and to the world.
May they work hard to realize their dreams and wishes.
May they find faith and hope when they meet with trials, failures, and setbacks.
May they experience encouragement and support.
May they persevere in the pursuit of their goals.
May they learn from their mistakes and grow up like Jacob and Esau.
May they be caring, comforting, and leading like Rebekah and Rachel.
May they overcome the obstacles in their path of life as did the young Moses.
May they be caring and daring like Miriam, the elder sister of baby Moses.
May they come out successful in their ordeals as the young Daniel and his companions did.
May they be self-giving and courageous like your cousin John the Baptist.
May they be like the young Mary of Nazareth asking questions, seeking explanation, complying with the Divine Plans for their lives.
May they put to use their talents for their own happiness as well as of their neighbors.
May they successfully grow up and grow out of their challenging youthful years!

Dear Jesus,
Half a century ago I too have lived and experienced my youth.
Thank you for seeing me through those years.
Thank you for your immense patience with me and with my follies of youth.
I have often been proud, arrogant, ambitious,  and uncaring.
I am sure your patient, forbearing, caring love and protection are with the youth all over.
May they experience your strengthening and supportive presence in their lives!
Jesus,  My Lord and My God, 
be with them all through their challenging youthful years.
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday, 15th July, 2015
World Youth Skill Day
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.com

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. These are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my  personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of the journaling of a 'Prodigal Priest' on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father.
You are welcome to share them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment