Wednesday 6 April 2016

6/4/16 My Monologues & Musings : “Ephphatha”(Mk 7:32-37)

6/4/16  My Monologues & Musings : “Ephphatha”(Mk 7:32-37)

“There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged Jesus to place his hand on him.33 After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spit and touched the man’s tongue. 34 He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” (which means “Be opened!”). 35 At this, the man’s ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly.” (Mk 7:32-35)

Dear Ephphatha Brother,
How blessed you are to have met Jesus and to have healed by Jesus,  right.
All that I know of you is that you are a grown up deaf and dumb man.
Were you born deaf and dumb?
Or you became deaf and dumb due to an accident or illness?
Your everyday life must have been immensely difficult for you, right?
Would you please share your musings with me?
Musings of the Ephphatha Brother,
“I was born and brought as a normal healthy boy.
I could hear as well speak.
I was a very happy boy.
l used to play with my many friends in the dusty grounds of our village.
I used to help out my father on his farm.
All on a sudden, I was down with high fever and a severe sore throat infection. It was becoming difficult for me to speak and it was hard for me to hear. Home remedies and country medicines gave only a temporary relief.
It didn't heal my sickness.
Though our Village Rabbi came and prayed over me there wasn't much improvement.  Gradually I could neither hear nor speak!
I was upset, angry, and sad.
I was restless and rebellious!
Often I threw temper - tantrums.
At times, i was very quareelsome and
At other times i was very moody.
I used to wonder and ask myself:
Why on earth Yahweh is punishing me?
For my sins?
For the sins of my parents?
Or for the sins of my ancestors?
Why does Yahweh punish me and make my life miserable?
I had dreamed of getting married to young girl and of having a family and bring forth our own children.
But every one of my dreams seemed to be doomed!
I was desperate and disappointed….
Years passed by.
My parents too passed away.

In those days we had heard of Jesus,
The Rabbi who had been healing lots of the sick who came to him.
When my relatives came to know that he was passing through the nearby village they took me to him and told him of my sad state and begged him to heal me!
He looked at me with compassion.
He took me aside.
He did touch with mud mixed with his spittle.
And he said wit all seriouness:
“Ephphatha”
There I was:
Able to hear and able to speak.
He healed me instantly!
I couldn't believe my eyes and ears!
I could hear once again!
I could speak once again!
For a moment, I was wonderstruck and wordless with joy and gratitude!
I looked at him..
Fell down at his feet and wept with joy!
My people were thrilled!
I looked at Jesus with a grateful wonder.
There was something Divine about him.
I kept on gazing at him.
While my people and others around me were wild with joy and gratitude!
How could I ever stop thanking him!”

Dear Ephphatha Brother,
Thank you for sincere sharing!
Your inability to hear and to speak must have been terrible for you, right?
The frustration you went through and the  helplessness you experienced must have drained energy and have almost dried up your hope, Haven't they?
You must have kept on relishing the memory of this unforgettable day of healing of rehabilitation in the world of hearing and speech, right?
There was a time when you thought of yourself as:
‘How cursed I am’, right?
Now you must be thinking:
‘How blessed I am?’, right?

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Thank you for blessing me with the gift of hearing as well as of the gift of speech!
Often I do take them for granted.
As I find myself these days here in a monastery perched on a Hilltop I do enjoy the marvel of the Mountains with its prestine Nature and the sound of Monastic Silence.
The rustle cool breeze and chirping birds and beauty of the wild flowers keep speaking of your love us humans.
It's a pity that often I fail to hear them  reminding of your love for us, for me!

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I am sorry for having misused your gift of my hearing and the gift of my speech.
I want use these gifts:
For your honor and glory.
For the good of my fellow humans.
For my own happiness

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!
Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Wednesday,  6th April  2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you

1 comment:

  1. How to make a gambling-related bet with a betting site - JT Hub
    How 경주 출장마사지 to make a gambling-related bet with a betting 목포 출장샵 site 강릉 출장안마 - 경산 출장샵 JT Hub 속초 출장샵

    ReplyDelete