Tuesday 5 April 2016

5/4/16 My Monologues & Musings : seeking “glory from one another”(Jn 5:44)

5/4/16 My Monologues & Musings : seeking “glory from one another”

“How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God[a]?” (Jn 5:44)

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
Yes, you are quite right I do crave to get attention and glory from my fellow humans.Being a priest it's so easily tempting to seek glory and to get glory for the services I render.
As I look back to my childhood days of a rural farming Catholic community our pastors and priests were the centre of action and attention. They did command attention and most of them enjoyed it and did glow and glory!
Maybe, it was one the reasons that I was attracted to the priesthood!
What a worldly motive to become a priest!!
That was and is a part of me, Lord!
You know me through and through,
Don't You, Lord?

Dear Jesus,
As you know, it's a part of our human nature to place someone or even something on a pedestal.
Be it,
Craving for a king or even a golden calf,
We humans love to have someone on a pedestal, Don’t we?
In turn, if possible we ourselves like to be on a pedestal.
I have often sought it and got myself a place on a pedestal however small it had been or for however brief a time it had been.
Very often I have looked for and even sought after and expected praise and applause either after celebrating a Holy Kurbana, or after a preaching or a homily or after taking a class or conducting a course.
I expect it and when I don't get I feel moody and upset.
To get myself placed on a pedestal I might even praise and glorify others around me expecting to be praised and glorified in return!
How accurate are your words, Lord!
When you say that we seek each other's glory!
Often I am tempted is to get glory all for myself without giving it others even at the age of seventy!
Yet today you remind me that you always sought the glory of your Father.
And you exhort us to do the same!
Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I want to keep myself reminding that I have such a tendency and I need to keep it in check.
I shall and I will keep trying to resist the temptation to seek glory for myself in own many ways and in my small world around.

Dear Jesus, the Risen Lord,
I bring before you:
Everyone of my loved ones.
Everyone of my enemies who were and are.
Everyone who loves as well as hates me.
Everyone whom I love and whom i hate.
Everyone who helps me and who don't.
Everyone whom i have lead astray.
Everyone who is sick and needs healing.
Everyone who is in despair and needs hope.
Every priest who is in need of prayers.
Everyone who has met with me!

Oh, Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I thank You,
I thank the Father,
I thank the Spirit,
For Your Unsolicited gift of life for me!
For Your Uncountable blessings for me!
For Your Unlimited Patience with me!
For Your Untold Forgiveness for me!
For Your Unflinching faith in me!
For Your Unfailing Hope in me!
For Your Unconditional Love of me!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, 5th April  2016

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are a sort of devotional musings and monologues mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to make my pilgrimage back to the Home of our Heavenly Father. As I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment