Thursday 6 August 2015

63 My Monologues :A Prayer on Hiroshima Day t

65 My Monologues : World's Indigenous People 
"I am one of those fortunate children of the 
'Indigenous People' 
as you call us. 
My parents keep telling me that I am very lucky to have survived the massacre of our tribe by 'the Plundering Outsiders'. 
They come every now and then to plunder and pillage our people....
My people have harrowing tales to tell.. 
It keeps repeating ..
They have and they take away our land, the land of our ancestors. .the land which is everything to us..
Our land is our identity. .
It is there we were born into. 
It is on our land we kids played..
It is on our land we grow up..
It is on our land we work.
It is our land which keeps feeding..
It is in our we die..
It is our land which gives Eternal Rest..
Our land has been the source and sustenance of our lives..
It has been ours from time immemorial. 
Often we are forcefully  displaced, uprooted.
Our people have forcefully been taken ..
Sold as slaves..
Our forests have cleared to make way for your development. .
We have fought you..trying to resist..
But you were always much better armed and we'll equipped. 
We lost..
We lost many a lives..
Sure, there is lots of resentment and hate..
But lately sanity seems to show up..
A good number of your own people seem to realize the ageold injustice and exploitation, oppression and slavery must stop...
Thank you !!!!
How I wish we could live as friends!
You are always welcome, but do respect our way of life.
Sure, you have done some good for us..
by way education and health care. .
But the collateral damage as coin it, 
is huge and inhuman.
Hope it will eventually stop!
I keep praying:
to our Ancestral Gods, 
to our Mother Earth, 
to our Mother Nature,
for the arrival of the days of Peace and Harmony 
between our people.
Thank you,  
for dedicating  
a day for the awareness for the cause of:
World's Indigenous People!"
An Ancestral Land Child 
or
A Nameless Indigenous Child.
(as you would call me)
JoAchen 
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com 
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment