Friday 7 August 2015

64 My Monologues :"he opened my eyes"(Jn 9)

64 My Monologues : "..he opened my eyes." Jn (Jn 9)

"I keep  recalling the breathtaking events of that most memorable day when the Lord Jesus healed my blindness and gave me eye sight!
I was thrilled!
For the first time in my life I saw people and plants around me..  
i saw birds and animals ...
I saw the beauty of nature..
I was happy indeed..
I expected others..
like my dear ones and neighbours...
to rejoice with me ..
But I was disappointed...
i was disturbed as i remember the conversation between the Lord Jesus and his disciples.
I chanced to overhear the  question the disciples asked about my blindness, whether it is a sort of punishment for sins of my parents or those of mine.
Oh, my God, is my blindness is a punishment for my sins.
Honestly, I don't and I can't remember offending you so grievously so as to be struck with blindness from my very birth.
It is possible that I might have..Even if it is so, I haven't committed any sin deliberately.
You know it more than me,
Don't You?
Neither can i think of my parents committing any grievous a sin so as their son to be punished so severely.
Neither have I heard anyone talking of any seriously sinful behaviour from the part of my parents which would have brought upon the blindness for their son!
I was relieved very much when the Lord Jesus negatively answered his disciples.
Thank you Lord!
Thank you very much.
Thank, Lord Jesus,
For healing my blindness and giving me sight.

With the Psalmist i sing:
'What thanks can I render Thee!"

Lord Jesus, I have never been so happy in my life!
Lord, You, for sure, have made my life much easier!
Lord Jesus, even when i am happy and thrilled, there is streak of sadness creeping up in me...
It makes me sad that none of those who either saw or heard about the miracle cure of my blindness was happy, to say the least.
Be it my neighbours,
Be it the Pharisees,
None of them congratulated me!
How I wish! they had!
Instead, they seemed to disbelieve the miracle has ever happened!
Instead, they seriously doubted my identity.
Instead, they were strenuous to find out who performed the miracle.. how could anyone do it on a Sabbath violating its sanctity!
Instead of congratulating the One who cured my blindness, they were out to get him!
How could they be so blind to the reality?
Why couldn't they rejoice with me?
Even my own parents played it safe so as not wishing to get into trouble with Pharisaic leadership!
It sure pains me!
I felt lonely and sad as no one was there to share my joy!
No one did congratulate me.
Well, I guess that's the way with the world, right?
My neighbours looked so unsettled when they saw me cured of my blindness.
They just couldn’t accept me as someone who is cured of one's blindness!
Had I continued to remain blind, they would have been happy.
They don't like the 'status quo' to be disturbed.
I wished they came forward, congratulated me and shared my joy!
No way!
The Pharisees too were very upset as I was healed on a Sabbath!
They too didn’t care to share my joy!
They were bend on fixing the Lord Jesus for having violated the law of Sabbath.
They perceived a threat in the Lord Jesus!
They were out to get him!
But Lord Jesus,

You are great!
You are the best thing ever happened to me!
You did make my life much easier!
Thank you, Lord!"

Dear friend,
Thank you for sharing your monologues.
Though my initial reactions towards the disciples and towards your neighbours were of total disgust, slowly yet clearly, it dawns on me that there is in me the disciples,  there is me the Pharisees.
I do use their eyes to look at people around me.
I have behaved like them!
Dear Lord Jesus,
I want to use your eyes to see and to look at people around me with compassion.
Lord Jesus,
I want to be of some help for them.
I want to be aware of the sorrow as well as the joy the people around me experience!
I want to keep on trying to be of service of the needy and grieving fellow humans.

Jesus, My Lord and My God,
May my eyes be of the eyes of compassìon.
Jesus, My Lord and My God,
I want to spend some time in silence in your your presence!
Amen
JoAchen
Friday, 7th August, 2015
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.com

Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. These are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and growth. They are a part of my journaling as a Prodigal Priest trying to return to the Home of our Heavenly Father.
As I keep holding you in my prayers, I request you to include me in yours. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment