Monday 27 April 2015

40 My Monologues with St Joseph, the Silent Worker

40 My Monologues with St. Joseph, the Silent Worker


Dear St. Joseph, the Silent Worker,
The more I think and meditate about you, the more I admire you and I feel close to you.
Nothing is known about your birth or about the beginning years of your childhood or of your youth.
Nothing is known about the evening years of your life or about your death.
Yet You are a Fabulous Fascination for me!


Dear St Joseph the Silent Worker,
But who are you?
What are you?
Where are you from?
How long did you live?
When, where, and how did you die?


Dear St. Joseph, the Silent Worker,
Though there may never be a satisfactory answer to the above questions and queries, it doesn't disappoint me a bit.
You are a mind boggling mystery!
You are a brain teasing riddle of history!
You are a never fading memory!
You are an ever inspiring.
You are an ever living person!
You are yet a Fabulous Fascination for me!
Thank you!


Dear St. Joseph, the Silent  Worker,
All that I know of you is about the twelve plus years of your life covering your betrothal, your married life as a husband, and owning, loving, and caring for a son whom you did not father.
It is written you are a just man.
It is told you are a carpenter by profession.
That's all the personal information we have about you.
Yet you are:
the unsung hero,
the unhailed winner,
the unseen sustainer!


Dear St Joseph the Silent Worker,
You must have been a hardworking young adult who had been entertaining the normal and legitimate dreams of having a wife and becoming a father and rearing your children, right?
That was not to be!
You have been a silent worker trying to sustain your family, weren't you?
You know, it hasn't been easy at all to do so. Having been born and brought up in a socially and religiously highly patriarchal community, it wasn't easy to be on the sidelines and yet to be the main breadwinner for your family.


Dear St Joseph, the Silent Worker,
You did silently slog for your young wife and for your foster son.
Did you ever feel  being sidelined?
Did you feel anytime that you were being used?
Did you ever feel your services were unrecognized or marginalized?
These above mentioned are some of the usual reactions of any humans who find themselves in situations similar to what you have been through.


Dear St Joseph, the Silent  Worker,
It would have been quite normal if you have had reactions like:
as being used,
as being sidelined,
as being marginalized, and
as being unrecognized etc.
It is possible that you did experience similar reactions but you did face them and did overcome them, right?


Dear St Joseph, the Silent Worker,
This is the way I like to think of you.
I like to remember you:
as someone who struggled with those feelings,
as someone who survived them,
as someone who grew out of them,
as someone who thrived there after,
as someone who did work hard to support your wife and foster son.


Dear St Joseph, the Silent Worker,
If I were in similar situations, I probably  would have turned mad and would have become a maverick in my reactions!
With all my immaturity, I might have  thrown her out with no mercy at all.
In all probability I would have verbally  abused and hurt her who bore a baby which I myself didn't father. It is possible  that I could have been even physically violent and emotionally persecuting her.
That's very much like me!
Don't you agree with me that I need go along, long way to grow up?


Dear St Joseph, the Silent Worker,
Unlike you:
It is very difficult for me:
to find myself being ignored,
to find myself unable to be in the limelight,
to find myself sidelined.
I find myself constantly in need of attention.


Dear St Joseph, the Silent Worker,
How i wish could be like you:
sober in my reactions,
modest in my ambition,
unassuming in my dealings,
humble in accepting the inexplicable!


Dear St  Joseph, the Silent  Worker,
Often, it's very difficult for me to accept the realities of life which are contrary to what I want and expect.
Often, it's  very difficult for me to accept the inevitable struggles, trials of everyday life.
Often I become very agitated, when things happen contrary to my wishes and wants.
As look back many a times I have been cynical or silly in my reactions to things I don't like.
Sad indeed for a senior priest like me!


Dear St  Joseph, the Silent Worker,
May your life and example keep on spurring me to grow in emotional maturity and in spiritual insight.
when I face unwelcome events, experiences, and situations, how i wish to be mature like you!
I want to learn from you to remain on the sidelines.
I want to keep in check my constant urge to be the center of attention and to be star of attractions at the expense of the deserved ones.
I want to keep on learning to be happily accepting the rough and tough sides of my daily life and ministry.
I want to be a silent and happy worker following your footsteps.
May your memories keep me to do so.
Dear St  Joseph, the Silent Worker,
I am highly honored to have your name!
All that wish and want to keep on worthy of bearing your name.


Dear Risen, Lord,
Thank you for your immense patience me with my oft repeated immature behaviors.
Lord,  since the sixty plus years or so, you have been giving me time and opportunities to keep on growing.
I earnestly hope, pray, and try to keep growing  and coming closer and closer to your expectations for me.
Thank you,  Lord,  Thanks you!
I want spend some time in silence in your presence, joyfully thanking for loving patience and expectations for me!
My Lord and My God!
JoAchen
Tuesday, April 28,2015
joachenmonologues@gmail.com

Facebook:
My Monologues
Joe Monologues
Blog :
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.in

PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my, 'Prodigal Priest's' journaling on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father. You are welcome to share them.
Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

I plan on uploading a Reflection each on 7th, 14th, 21st, and on the 28th of every month.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment