Tuesday 21 April 2015

39 My Monologues with the Evangelist Mark

39 My Monologues with Mark the Evangelist

Dear Evangelist Mark,
Thank you for gifting us with your version of the Gospel of the Lord.
They say it is the first written gospel.
Sure, it is the briefest and it has your personal touch.
Very little is known about your personal and of your past life.
Weren't you also known as John Mark?
They say you must have been one of those seventy disciples whom Jesus had called and sent as his foot-soldiers, were you?
So you must have met, heard, and talked with Jesus, right?
The Bible Pundits say you left the company of the Lord half way through, but later rejoined him, did you?
Some of them think that you were the nameless young man who got into a panic and hurriedly fled in fear as Jesus was being arrested.
Some are of the opinion you provided your home in Jerusalem as one of the usual Gathering Places for the followers of Jesus. It is possible that the Upper Room used for the Last Supper was a part of your living quarters,right?
You did accompany Apostle Paul in his First Mission Journey.
Then you did travel with Bernabas,right?
Finally you did work with the Apostle Peter and guided by him you wrote your version of the Gospel of Jesus.
Dear Evangelist Mark,
Despite having met and known Jesus, despite, being one of the Seventy disciples, despite being an Evangelist, you had the humility, the courage, and conviction to accept your own limitations.
Remember, there was something that didn't click between you and the Apostle Paul.
You both couldn't work together as a team, could you?
So you decided to part company, right?
Yet, you experienced the satisfaction and enjoyed the success in your ministry in the service of your Lord.
You were neither blamed Paul for your failure to work as a team nor you were about the differences of opinion you had with him.
You just parted company as you didn't have the required chemistry between the two of you.
Yet did succeeded in striking a real good relationship with Apostle Peter.
Dear Evangelist Mark,
As I look back into the last forty plus years of my priestly life and ministry, I have had several occasions where I could not strike a good working relationship with many of my confreres, fellow priests, and coworkers.  Invariably, I used to place the blame on others for the failed working relationship. Besides, I used to turn bitter, rebellious, and enemical with them. Well, in hindsight, most of the time, it was mainly due to my own immaturity, insecurity, and inordinate ambition etc. Though I have made some progress, there is yet a long way to go!
Dear Evangelist Mark,
How I wish, I could have learned faster as you did!
In spite of all your interpersonal relationship problems with apostles like Paul and others, you did make your life and ministry meaningful and fruitful!
You never blamed yourself alone for all the problems and failures you have had. You never gave up just because you had problems with Apostle Paul.
You were neither disappointed nor dispirited. On the other hand you tried new paths and opportunities and found success and happiness in working with Peter and writing the gospel.
I wish to have your resilience and your optimism.
Dear Evangelist Mark,
Let me not fool myself thinking that I need to be faultless and perfect priest.
Hellp me to accept myself with all my limitations and liabilities.
Please, continue to inspire e with your resilience and optimism.


Dear Lord Jesus,
Inspired by your Gospel, I want to weave a gospel story of my own little life, interwoven with my failures and success, interwoven with my tears and cheers,
interwoven with my fears and strength.
I want to enable myself so that you can live in me and through me!
Dear Lord Jesus,  
Let spend a few moments in your presence in silence and solitude!
Amen
JoAchen
Tuesday, April 21,2015
joachenmonologues@gmail.com



Facebook:
My Monologues
Joe Monologues
Blog :
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.in
PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my, 'Prodigal Priest's' journaling on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father. You are welcome to share them.
Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

I plan on uploading a Reflection each on 7th, 14th, 21st, and on the 28th of every month. If you do not want get these Reflections via email, please send a note and your email id will be deleted from the mailing list.
Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment