Saturday 21 March 2015

34 My Monologues with Jesus of Hosanna (Mt 21,Mk11,Lk 19,Jn 21)

34 My Monologues with Jesus and Crowd on Hosanna Day(Mt 21, Mk11, Lk 19, Jn 12)

Dear Jesus of Hosanna
It was a very spontaneous outpouring of acclamation, of joy, of celebration of the simple, ordinary folks as they sang and shouted,
"Hosanna, Son of David!
Blessed is who comes in the name of the Lord!"
" Hosanna in the highest!"
Dear Jesus of Hosanna,
Didn't you feel that it was like an on the spot, hurriedly put together sort of a victory parade as the crowd swelled with waving of olive branches, and 'red carpeting' the path with their tunics and shawls there accepting you as their royal ruler and their Messianic Deliverer?
Dear Jesus of Hosanna,
When you heard them singing joyfully the psalms of royal processions which reminds them of their nostalgic times of the great Kings like David and Solomon, didn't you too feel elated and ecstatic?
Dear Jesus of Hosanna,
When the joyous and jubilant crowd seems to proclaim their yearning for the imminent coming of the long awaited Royal Messianic Ruler, didn't you feel the pulse of a people so helpless yet hopeful?

Most probably they have entertained themselves thoughts on the following lines, right, Jesus?

"Finally, we have someone who just  fits into our long awaited Messiah who has the guts and the gumption to take on the oppressors and deliver us and our Jewish Nation from the humiliating, dictatorial, and despotic pagan Roman Rulers as well as from those of our Jewish Kings and brethren who are seditious and Fifth Columnists and who keep helping to prop up and perpetuate the oppressive regime of the Romans."
They might have continued to think,  
"Here is Someone who has the divine power to feed us with miraculous multiplication of fish and bread."
"Here is someone mighty enough to give the marching orders to the demons to leave the people who had been possessed by them."
They might have also toyed with the thoughts  like,
"Here is someone who has the mythological healing powers to cure our sick, along, the maimed and even has the power to raise the dead."
"Here is the Someone who is able to walk on the waters and calm a stormy sea....."
The ordinary folks could have thought of Jesus something on similar lines, right, Jesus?
It was neither a staged managed nor a prearranged show to garner support for you.
You too must have been overjoyed and  thrilled to experience the spontaneous affection of those people, right? For a moment, it must have warmed the cockles of your heart, right?
Dear Jesus of Hosanna,
Humbly yet daringly, I long and love to imagine about the possible thoughts that were revolving in your mind as a human being in the following lines.
I know for certain you will patiently pardon my pride!
Dear Jesus of Hosanna,
You might  have thought something like,
"It makes me so joyfully happy and forget everything for a moment. I just love the spontaneity of these ordinary people. I am deeply touched by it. When I see their eternal hope and undying yearning for the Messianic Deliverer and Rulers, I feel just one with them."
"But I just can neither dance to their tunes nor fulfill their expectations to be a political Messiah which they would love to have me do and become their King or Ruler. I just can't provide the leadership to organize a political revolt to overthrow the Romans."
"I do understand their yearning for a political Messiah. How I wish they could understand my views and vision of a Messiah solely on a Spiritual Domain!"
"I know of and feel the oppression they are under and the lording them over by the pagan Rulers.Yeti just deviate fro the path I have chosen and I have been  destined."
"I also know, in five days or so more or less the same crowd who joyfully sing Hosanna will easily be persuaded to clamor for my blood and to crucify me!
How easy to get them sway their opinion."
"Yet I don't hate them or hold any ill-fittings towards them."
Dear Jesus of Hosanna,
You didn't want to ride on a horseback like any earthly Kings of this world!
You deliberately chose a donkey, a beast of burden and thus made clear your vision of the Messiah!
In a similar situation,  I would have yealeded to the wishes of the crowd and offered them to be their Political Messiah. And I would have furnished a hundred and one reasons to justify myself!
That's me, Jesus!
Under pressure and persuasion I could easily  be swayed.
That's  me,  Jesus!
As I look back,  I have been swayed so often.
From singing Hosanna to you,  I have changed into clamoring to crucify you!
That's  me,  Jesus!
But you have been patient  with me all along,  right?
Thank you, Jesus,  
for not giving up on me!
Thank you  Jesus,
for your patience with me!
Thank you  Jesus,  
for giving me time and opportunities to change and grow!
Dear Jesus,
I want to keep on singing
Hosanna to you,  for the rest of  my life!
Dear Jesus of Hosanna,
I would like to spend some time in Silence in your presence...
And keep singing
Hosanna to you,  Jesus!
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 21st March, 2015
joachenmonologues@gmail.com

Facebook:
My Monologues
Joe Monologues
Blog :
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.in

PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my, 'Prodigal Priest's' journaling on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father. You are welcome to share them.
Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

I plan on uploading a Reflection each on 7th, 14th, 21st, and on the 28th of every month. If you do not want get these Reflections via email, please send a note and your email id will be deleted from the mailing list.
Thank you!
My  Lord and My God!

No comments:

Post a Comment