Friday 6 March 2015

31 My Monologues with Jesus on Mount Tabor (Mt17)

31 My Monologues with Jesus on Mount Tabor (Mt 17, Mk 9, Lk 9)

Dear Jesus,
It is very interesting to note that
from time immemorial your Father had great fascination for mountains, Didn't He?
Remember, your Father wanted Abraham to go up the Mount Moriah to make the sacrificial offering of Isaac, his only son?
Then, for sure, you remember: Mount Sinai and Moses,
Mount Carmel and Elijah,
Don't you?
No wonder, among your ancestors, the ancient Hebrews, your Father was also addressed and invoked as "El Shaddai",(roughly meaning God of the Mountains.)
Dear Jesus,
Just like your Father, you too seem to love rugged mountains and  rolling hills as you often preferred to go up these mountains and hills to pray and to be alone with your Father, right?
Right after your Baptism, didn't you go up the mountain where you spent forty days in fasting and were tempted by the devil?
Don't you remember the mystical and mysterious Mount Zion, the Temple Mount where stood the magnificent Jerusalem Temple which you visited several times?
Don't you remember the famous sermon you gave on a rolling hill type mount by the shores of Lake Galilee, which was later known as the Sermon on the Mount?
The Grand finale of events of your very life and your mission on earth
are entwined with Mount Calvary and Mount Olive, right?
Dear Jesus,
Mount Tabor witnessed a very unique sort of a Beatific Vision  experienced by the members of your core group, right, Lord?
It seems to have all the following elements of a picture perfect scene of your Theophany.
Wasn't your Tabor Theophany witnessed by the representatives of your disciples who were with you, who got a glimpse of your glory and of your true divine person?
Didn't your Tabor Theophany consist of your transfigured divine appearance of your own very self?
Wasn't your Tabor Theophany graced by the presence of Moses and Elijah and thus confirming the continued legacy of the Mosaic Law and of the Prophets?
Didn't you Tabor Theophany climaxed by the loving, affirming voice of your Heavenly Father? revealingly declaring,
"This is my son,
whom I love;
with him I am well pleased.
Listen to him!"
What  more was needed for a
Picture Perfect Portrait of the Theophany of having both the Old and of the  New Testament side by side?
Dear Jesus,
Every other miracle you performed involved dramatic and lasting changes like:
healing the sick,
freeing the possessed,
changing water into wine,
calming the stormy sea etc.
Most of these miracles were spontaneous performed or were performed as and when they were required by or beneficial to your needy fellow humans, right?
Dear  Jesus,  
But the miracle of Tabor was different, Wasn't it?
It seems to be the only miracle in which you changed yourself, right?
You were transformed, you were rather transfigured, Didn't you?
Dear Jesus,
I have often wondered about the events on Mount Tabor.You had really thought about it in advance and had pre-planned this episode, Didn't you?
Or else, you wouldn't have gone up there with your so called core group of the disciples, right?
So it must have been a very important experience in your plan, in your ministry, right, Lord?
Dear Jesus,
It must have been a real thrill for you to have your Father affirming
you as His Son,
a much loved Son!
One of the best things ever to happen to a son is to have his own father lovingly, proudly affirming and acclaiming his son in the presence of others, right, Jesus?
Dear Jesus,
When you heard,
"This is my son.",
it must have made you feel real happy as well as made you very proud of your own Father, right? Your Father did affirm you in the presence of Moses and  Elijah who represent the entire Law and the Prophets of the whole of the Old Testament of your ancestors!
Dear Jesus,
Your Father not only affirmed
you as His Son
but He very categorically and plainly proclaimed that
He is pleased with you!
The wonderfully energizing feeling of being loved by your Father enabled you to lead your life in a way which was very very pleasing to Him, right?

Oh, boy, you, are verily your Father's pride and joy indeed!
When you heard him speak so positively of you, weren't  your eyes glazed with the tears of joy?
What an awesome Paternal Positive Stroke indeed, it was!
Dear Jesus,
The heavenly and loving voice of your Father's affirmation must have kept on repeatedly ringing in your ears over the rest of your years here on earth, right?
Dear Jesus,
You must have kept yourself imbibed with the Paternal Love being poured out on to you even to point of you being inebriated with it!
It is this total Loving Fatherly Affirmation that kept you energizing to walk up your way to Mount Calvary and sacrifice your life on the altar of the Cross in Golgotha, right, Jesus?

Oh, all loving Father of Jesus,
Your Son keeps telling and teaching us that,
You are Our Father as well!
He so taught us to pray to you,
"Our Father who art in heaven.. "
And we are your beloved children!
Thank you, Father,
A million thanks!

Oh,  all loving Father in heaven,
As I am created in your Image and Likeness, I know you love me!
Thank you, all loving Father,
Thank you for loving me!
I know I do neither merit nor deserve your love!
Yet you love me freely and unconditionally!
Thank, you, all loving Father!
But Father,  
I wonder whether I have been living a life that is pleasing to you!
Many a times when you look at me and my life, I wonder whether you can say about me
"with him I am well pleased."
Though,You are pleased with me, at times.
But many a times, instead of being  pleased with me and my life,
You have been displeased with me,on account of misbehaviors, right?
All loving and all forgiving Father,
I am sorry, I am deeply sorry!
Mea culpa,
mea culpa,
mea maxima culpa!
For the rest of my life, I want and i shall keep trying to make my life pleasing to you!
Oh, all loving Father in heaven,
I thank you for the much love, affection and affirmation which I have experienced and enjoyed from my father and grandfather!
They have poured over me much love, affection, attention and positive affirmation.  
May their souls Rest in Peace!

Dear Jesus,
You did bestow upon your disciples the Gift of the Beatific Vision of your Transfiguration.
While doing so,You had many things in your mind, right?
Your Transfiguration Experience was meant to revive the drooping spirit of your disciples, be it on the past, present or in the future, right?
Your Transfiguration was also aimed at to dispel their widely held misunderstanding of their expected Messiah as a Political, Powerful King.
Your Transfiguration was also meant to encourage them to keep going ahead despite their faults and failures.
Dear Jesus,
You are
so meticulously  concerned about the growth of your disciples.
So, you did  provide them experiences of happiness and hope through your teachings, through your miracles, and through the Transfiguration Experience.
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for caring for me,  for protecting me, for forgiving me,  and for keep hoping for me, despite disappointing you over and over.
Dear Jesus,
Like your Peter, I have a tendency to stay on, holding on to the good times, and while away my life by prolonged indulging in nostalgic memories of good old times. Often I wish to build a booth of the good times and fine feelings and would love to remain in it oblivious of the stark realities of everyday life with all its ups and downs. Help me to bring myself down from the mountain of fine feelings, from the Rose Garden of cosy times so that I am able to face the valley of rough realities of everyday life!
Dear Jesus,
I would like to spend some time in silence, in your presence. I want to spend some time on Mount Tabor I  your loving presence.
Amen
JoAchen
February,  Saturday, 28th, 2015

My Monologues
Joe Monologues
Blog :
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.in

PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my, 'Prodigal Priest's' journaling on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father.
You are welcome to share them.
Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

I plan on uploading a Reflection each on 7th, 14th, 21st, and on the 28th of every month. If you do not want get these Reflections via email, please send a note and your email id will be deleted from the mailing list.
Thank you!
My  Lord and My God!

No comments:

Post a Comment