Saturday 14 March 2015

33 My Monologues with Jesus and Nicodemus symbolized as Light and Darkness (Jn 3,7,19)

33 My Monologues with Jesus and Nicodemus symbolized as Light and Darkness(Jn 3, 7,19)

Dear Jesus, the Light,
Your close friend and favorite disciple, John loved to introduce and present you as the Light that came into a world which was in darkness.
You are the "true Light which gives light to every man."
But "men loved darkness rather than light."
Dear Jesus, the Light,
Remember, before the creation of the universe, it was all formless, void, as well as dark, right?
The very first thing, your Father along with Yourself and the Spirit did was to utter the
All Powerful Word,
"Let there be light."!
The creation of light and setting it apart from darkness was a necessary prerequisite for the rest of creation account, right?
So thought the God Almighty, Didn't He?
In the fullness of time, as you came into this world, your favorite disciple, John, so aptly introduces you to us as the Light that shines in the darkness.
Yet sadly, many a humans neither acknowledged you, nor accepted you, nor allowed you to announce your Good News freely.  Instead, they preferred to perceive you as real and serious threat to their own selfish, vested interests, and thus they chose to remain in the darkness of sin.
They loved to be lulled in the lap of darkness of their own false sense of security.  
Remember, it started even as you were less than a two year old Infant Babe, Don't you?
Dear Jesus, the Light,
Often enough, I am no different from them.
In fact, I am one of their modern versions.
I guess it's a part of our human nature which we, humans, need to keep constantly on the leash, right, Lord?
As I look back at the last sixty plus years of my life, many a times I have stubbornly shunned your Light and your message and instead I have often sheltered my selfish ego in the darkness of sloth and sin.
Dear Jesus, the Light,
I have to keep on reminding myself that your Light was lit in me at the very moment I was divinely given my embryonic existence in close unison with parents.
The Light was lit in me in the form of the "Image and Likeness."
Subsequently the flame of your Light was strengthened at my baptism.
You want me to emanate your Light through my little life.
You keep reminding me,
"you are the light of the world." "and your light shine."
You want this light in me to shine through my witnessing, right?
Dear Jesus, the Light,
Whenever I have kept the flame of your Light burning bright and alive in me, I have felt strong in my struggles.
And whenever I just let it barely burn, I have faltered and fallen.
Dear Jesus, the Light,
Even when I was in darkness, you kept on accepting me and waiting for me to come back to the Light.  Remember, you accepted Nicodemus, the elderly scholar and and a learned judge who came to you secretly sneaking through darkness of the night.
Yet you accepted him as he stood in the darkness of his ignorance despite being the pundit of the Jewish Law!
How ironically paradoxical it is!
Dear Jesus, the Light,
Yet your approach to him was with an open and unprejudiced attitude.
You appealed to his ignorant heart
and nudged him to emerge out of the darkness.
Your patient and persevering handling of the elderly Nicodemus helped him to be born again and thereby transform himself into a child of light!
Later on, in broad daylight, he stood up in official gathering of the Sanhedrin and argued for you and for defense you!
No more sneaking under cover of darkness of the night!
He kept on his light shining!
What a transformation, indeed!
How i wish to be transformed like Nicodemus despite his advanced age!
He kept on his light shining ever brighter even at the darkest hour in Calvary!
Dear Venerable Nicodemus,
Rare indeed are persons like you!
Your personal pilgrimage from Darkness to Light is so impressive and irreversible!
As you realized yourself being in darkness, you had the courage and commitment to come out of darkness and to accept the light from the Light Divine!
Dear Jesus, the Light,
It makes me ashamed of myself as  nowhere near to Nicodemus in his courage and commitment to come out the darkness I often find myself. After being a priest for forty plus years, I am yet to turn around!
Sure, I snap out of the darkness now and experience the warmth of your light, but then I keep falling right back into it!
Unlike Nicodemus, I don't make much headway!
Though I have all external trappings of piety, religiosity, and spiritual growth, internally I am often far away from you and far behind others in my pursuit of spiritual growth and personal maturity. I earnestly want to be steady in my struggles to grow.
Dear Jesus, the Light,
I like very much to spend sometime in silence in your Light-filled presence.
Oh,  dear Jesus, the Light,
"From Darkness to Light,"
"Lead me on....."
"Lead kindly light, lead me on...  
Amen
JoAchen
Saturday, 14th March, 2015
Joachenmonologues@gmail.com


Facebook:
My Monologues
Joe Monologues
Blog :
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.in

PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my, 'Prodigal Priest's' journaling on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father. You are welcome to share them.
Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

I plan on uploading a Reflection each on 7th, 14th, 21st, and on the 28th of every month. If you do not want get these Reflections via email, please send a note and your email id will be deleted from the mailing list.
Thank you!
My  Lord and My God!

No comments:

Post a Comment