Thursday 14 May 2015

42 My Monologues with the Lord of Resurrection - Ascension

42 My Monologues with the:
Lord of Resurrection - Ascension.

Dear Lord of the Resurrection - Ascension,
It has been forty days since the Celebration of  your Resurrection, right?
Within the span of these forty days you have been: 
Appearing several times to your disciples,
Correcting Mary Magdalene  as she mistook you for a Gardner,
Telling them you are not a ghost,
Wishing them Peace,
Explaining the Scriptures to them,
Breaking the bread with them at Emmaus,
Granting the wishes of Thomas,
Having breakfast with your disciples,
Breathing the Holy Spirit upon them,
Giving them the power to forgive sins,
And being very, very patient with them.
You felt they don't need any more to be chaperones. 
Finally you decided the time has come,
For you to ascend to your Father.
And send the Holy Spirit to strengthen them.

Dear Lord of the Resurrection - Ascension,
Your unlimited patience with your disciples keeps on amazing me!
Despite the fact they were not the ideal disciples,
Despite the fact they disappointed you in many ways,
Despite the fact they fought among themselves,
Despite the fact one of them betrayed you,
Despite the fact they abandoned you as you were being arrested,
Despite the fact Peter, your hand picked,  disowned you.  
Despite the fact none of them accompanied you on your Way of the Cross,
Despite the fact initially they didn't believe in your  Resurrection,
Despite all these,
You were steadfast in your love for them.
You never gave up on them.
You never despised them.
You never made them feel miserable.
You had been hopeful of them.
You were optimistic of them.

Dear Lord of the Resurrection - Ascension,
Through your Ascension:
You gave them space:
Space to try to face themselves in their brokenness,
Space to try to prepare themselves to face the world outside.
Space to try to stand on their own feet,
Space to try to be able to fend for themselves,
Space to try to hope and wait for the promised Paraclete, 
Space to try to learn to brace themselves a hostile world outside,
Space to grow in courage,
Space to grow in conviction,
Space to grow in faith in your Resurrection.

Dear Lord of the Resurrection - Ascension,
As I look at me and look into myself,
I have often been worse than your disciples.
Eversince the attainment of age of reason, i.e,
Some sixty or so years ago onwards.
I have often been over ambitious, like your disciples.
I have often been overconfident, like your disciples.
I have often been a creep, like your disciples.
I have often been timid, like your disciples.
I have often abandoned you, like your disciples.
I have often disowned you, like your disciples.
I have often betrayed you for selfish reasons.
I have often been greedy for money like your disciples.
I have often been unbelieving like your disciples.

Dear Lord of Resurrection - Ascension,
All along these years you didn't abandon me.
Thank you, my Risen Lord!
All along these years you didn't give up on me.
Thank you, my Risen Lord!
All along these years you didn't write me off.
Thank you, my Risen Lord!
All along these years, you have been waiting for me.
Thank you my Risen Lord!
All along these years, you have been hoping in me.
Thank you, my Risen Lord!
All along these years you have been wanting me to grow.
Thank you, my Risen Lord!
All these years you have been helping me to keep on resurrecting everyday.
Thank you, my Risen  Lord!
All these years you have been waiting for me to get ready for making my ascension with you.
Thank you, my Risen Lord!

Dear Lord of Resurrection - Ascension,
In hindsight:
You know I have grown a bit. 
You know I have made some progress.
You know I have been trying to free myself from unbridled ambition.
Thank you for:
Being patient with me.
Thank you for, 
Standing by me.
Thank you for, 
Hoping in me.
Thank you for, 
Keep loving me!
It gives me the
energy to go on and on
Until I am ready to ascend with you!

Dear Lord of Resurrection - Ascension
I want to spend some time:
in silence,
in your presence:
Wondering at your Immense Patience with me,
Relishing on the Unconditional Love for me,
Marvelling at your constant Hope in me,
Renewing my resolve to get ready to ascend with you when come!
Thank you, my Risen Lord of Love!
Amen
JoAchen
Thursday, 14th May,  2015
On the Day of Ascension





Blog:
www.my-monologoues.blogspot.in

Facebook:
My Monologues



PS
Dear Reader,
These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegesis nor are they any highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. They are a part of my, 'Prodigal Priest's' journaling on my Pilgrimage to the Home of our Heavenly Father.
You are welcome to share them.
Dear Reader, I keep holding you in my prayers and I request you to include me in yours.

I plan on uploading a Reflection each on 7th, 14th, 21st, and on the 28th of every month.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment