Tuesday 4 November 2014

15 My Monologoues with the "Daughter" Anonymous (Mk 5)

Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

Though we haven't  met in person, 

Have read a lot about you and about
Your seemingly incurable illness.  
Commentaries have been written
Concerning your sickness.

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

Your pain had been plaguing you and, Causing inconsolable sorrow for you,
For long, long years of your life.
Was it a sort of hemophilia?  
Or,
Was it a severe complication with your Monthly Menstruation Cycle?
Which was completely out of control.
Whatever the cause might have been,
Your life was totally thrown out of tune.

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

It caused you much:
Mental agony, 
Physical pain, and 
Social shame, right? 

Were you a young woman waiting 

To be married and to have a family?
If so, unimaginable was your pain! 
Unfathomable was your despair!
With no hope on the horizon!

Were you a married woman waiting to Have children of your own?

If so, awful must have been your Marital Life without being able to share the Bridal Bed and conjugal love for many years!

Were you a housewife or a mother?

If so, miserable must have been your 
Family situation without being able to ..
Take care of your husband and children 
And all the household chores. 

Were you a widow and a mother?

If so, your own family, your In-laws,  
Your Village Community and it's leaders,
Many of them must have been blaming You and branding you as a curse!

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

It doesn't make much of a difference, 
Whether you were a young girl,
Or yet to be married off to a man,
Or an already a married woman.

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

The pain and misery are the same,
Whether you were a mother of children,
Or whether you were a widowed mother
Or a middle-aged grandmother.

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous, Harrowing is your tale!

Heart breaking is your story!

Yet you were not yearning for sympathy Or longing for pity!

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous, 

Unimaginable was your suffering! 
Indomitable was your Will!
Unlimited was your Patience!
Inexhaustible was your Hope!

Otherwise, you would not have sought After the medical services of every Available physician, right?

Otherwise, you would not have Exhausted every penny you had,right?

To mark it remarkable, you seemed to Have done it all, single handed!

You seemed to have gone all alone to Knock at the doors of physician after Physician, so the narratives indicate.

Oh, Dear "Daughter"  Anonymous, 

It is odd indeed! there was nobody 
To be there and to take you around! 
Even when you came to the Lord, 
You came alone, right?

Remember, Dear "Daughter"  Anonymous,

There were people willing to carry the Sick and lower him from roof top!
How come that you were alone!
There was none to accompany you!

Remember, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

There was a worried father 
To plead for his ailing daughter!
How come that you were alone! 
And there was none to plead for you!

Remember, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

There was a widowed mother 
To cry for her dead son!
How come that you were alone!
There was none to share your sorrow!

Yet, Oh, my Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

Unimaginable was your suffering! 
Indomitable was your Will! 
Immeasurable was your Patience! 
Inexhaustible was your Hope! 

As per the Jewish laws and traditions 

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,
You were a Defiled Daughter!
Anything and Everyone you touched Became defiled too, Isn't so?

You were an Untouchable Daughter 

for The last Twelve long years!
Because, you were seen 
As the symbol and the
Substance of defilement! 

Yet, Oh Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

You fought and fought alone! 
All the way through for Twelve Years!
Yet you kept the flickering flame of your Hope alive for Twelve long Years!

It might have been the biggest gamble, 

You took to go through the crowd,
Knowing fully well the one or the other
Is sure to touch you and become defiled! 
If caught you could have been stoned!

Yet you took the risk, hoping and praying,

Not to be caught and not to touch and 
Defile anyone intentionally or otherwise,
As a last resort you went, wanting only
To touch the tassels of the Messiah!

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous, 

Off you went, alone you went!
Incognito you went, in silence you went!
In tension you went, trembling you went!
In fear you went, yet in full hope you went!

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

Unimaginable  was your suffering!
Indomitable was your Will!
Immeasurable was your Patience!
Inexhaustible was your Hope! 

Oh, Dear "Daughter"  Anonymous,

Touch you did the tassels of the Messiah!
Felt you did the Freedom from your!
Harrowing and Humiliating Hemorrhage!
Felt you did Health and Wholeness again! 

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

Joyous you felt, 
happiness you got!
Hearty you felt, 
undefiled you became!
Free you felt from shame and curse
Grateful you felt, 
to the Messiah who did! 

Bolt from the blue: 

"Who touched me?"
Shocked from it, in fear and trembling 
Came you forward and confess you did!
Waited you did with bated breath, sure,
To be punished even to death by stoning!

Out of the blue, came the voice calling,

"Daughter,.... your faith has healed you."
"Go in peace." 
Sigh you did,sad no more!
Back home you went, 
healthy and whole!
To be one with your family again!

Oh, Dear "Daughter"  Anonymous,

Unimaginable was your Joy! 
Immeasurable was your Courage!
Inexhaustible was your Hope!
Everlasting was your Gratitude!

Oh, Dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

How I wish even to have a fraction of
Your Perseverance, 
Of your Patience
Of your Courage and 
Of your Hope!

Inspire me..
Keep on inspiring me!

Oh, dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

You did risk your new life without pain,
As you volunteered to admit to Lord
It is you who did, seemingly, break the law
It is you who touched, but only the tassel

You did it with the hope of being healed.

And you did it, 
neither to defy the laws 
Nor to defile the people, 
but for healing!

By admitting it, 
you were ready to accept
Any Punishment, even being stoned to...

Oh, dear "Daughter" Anonymous,

Rare is: 
your sincerity, 
your openness! 

All that you wanted was health, healing 
All that you wanted was the world to see
That you are a Blessing and not a Curse!

Dear "Daughter"  Anonymous, 

I would love to know how different you 
Felt as a "Daughter" once again
Who was healed and healthy
Who was rehabilitated in your family!

Keep telling me, "Daughter" dear

Of the Saga of your Suffering!
Of your Agonizing days and years
Of the life in Isolation you lived
With eagerness, I shall listen to you!

My Lord and My God, 

A minor issue keeps bothering me, Whenever I think of the "Daughter" 
Whom you gave love and compassion 
Whom you gave healing and health!

When you asked, 

"Who touched me?"
Had she not come forward!
Had she not confessed?
Had she kept mum, 
like everyone else
Had she kept quiet like the of the crowd

Lord, what could have you done?

Had she denied of being sick at all!
For the fear being punished!
For having defiled the jostling crowd
Would you have confronted her?

Lord, I raise this question to you

As I often debate within myself.
My Lord, My God, I humbly confess,
if I were in a similar situation, I wonder whether I would have come forward 
Whether I would confessed at all!

I might have kept mum for coming,

For daring to come to the crowd
For defying laws and defiling the crowd
I would have kept quiet and silent!
Fearing the scolding and punishment!

I would silently slipped away

I would have quietly disappeared! 
With long awaited healing in my kitty
Thinking, why should I get into trouble?
That's me, Lord! 
That's mean of me!

My Lord and my God, 

I have miles to go and much to do 
Before, I could have her clear thinking
And her candid approach to myself, 
To others, and above all, to you, my Lord!

My Lord and My God, 

I want to spend some time in silence 
In your presence. .
"Speak Lord,  your servant  is listening."
Amen

JoAchen 

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

PS.

These Reflections are neither pure scientific exegetical interpretations nor highly theological explanations. They are my devotional meditations mainly meant for my personal renewal and spiritual growth. Dear Reader, as I keep holding you in my daily prayers, I request you to do the same for me. Thank you. 

For Previous Reflections of 

My Monologues, 

www.my-monologoues.blogspot.com 

Facebook link: My Monologues 













No comments:

Post a Comment